Paramedic schools in MA?

MissMo

Forum Ride Along
Hi everyone,
I'm a 21 y/o EMT-B looking into paramedic schools.
I live in Massachusetts, and was wondering if anyone knew some good schools that will train you well?
My EMT school was pretty bad (ill-structured, careless instructors, basically had to teach myself and look up videos, many students failed) so I really want to go to a good program this time. Especially since it's expensive too.
Thanks!

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Haven't worked in MA for a hot sec, but the ProEMS Center for Medics has a good reputation and is run by a solid service.

Jn1232th

Forum Captain
im starting NMETC in few weeks. school is in west bridgewater ( i live in Los Angeles) they have online and in class didatic and then skills/clinicals at the school. so far ive heard great things which is why im going there haha ummm price wise its like 7000? but im also an out of state student so idk if that makes a difference

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
im starting NMETC in few weeks. school is in west bridgewater ( i live in Los Angeles) they have online and in class didatic and then skills/clinicals at the school. so far ive heard great things which is why im going there haha ummm price wise its like 7000? but im also an out of state student so idk if that makes a difference
I paid that for community college, that seems pretty good for that kind of program?

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
Hi everyone,
I'm a 21 y/o EMT-B looking into paramedic schools.
I live in Massachusetts, and was wondering if anyone knew some good schools that will train you well?
My EMT school was pretty bad (ill-structured, careless instructors, basically had to teach myself and look up videos, many students failed) so I really want to go to a good program this time. Especially since it's expensive too.
Thanks!

What area of MA do you live in?

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
I live in Boston, but Im willing to drive further out if necessary

I'd look at ProEMS Center for Medics. I've heard good things about them (I didn't go there however so can't give you first-hand info).

rujero

Emergency Services RN, NREMT
Another vote for ProEMS Center for Medics. When I was debating Medic or RN I looked into them and at that time the course was like $12k or something like that. But if you want to be trained by the best and ready for the worst, that's your place. I'll be taking their course to prep RNs to challenge the medic exam soon. They offer scholarships so look into those. Another, more affordable option is Cataldo's training center in Malden. For the love of god, stay away from Lifeline in Woburn.

The bigger question on my mind is, how long have you been a Basic in the field? Especially with a poor foundation, you may want to consider getting some serious experience first.

-r