Paramedic Programs in SOCAL.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
LACo. I have both my significant other and my mother working as ICU/PICU nurses in 2 different hospitals in LACo, and painting a pretty gloomy picture.

You're in Riverside, correct ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Correct. The girlfriend is in LACo.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
I too lack an affinity for nursing, @VentMonkey . It's just not my cup of tea. I honestly partly want to teach high school or college. Dream job would be the Army medic course.

RocketMedic

As for the original question, you ought to consider schools outside of CA as well. Let's be honest here: national registry is a national standard you can earn and is essentially nationally accepted, so it doesn't really matter whether you go to Freeman like my dad or a generic online hybrid like me. I'm no TEEX fan (four months is WAY too little time to learn this job) but Texas has quite a few good paramedic programs at our cheap community colleges and our internship process is typically screaming-fast. You'll also generally get a glimpse of life without asking for orders all the time.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I too lack an affinity for nursing, @VentMonkey . It's just not my cup of tea. I honestly partly want to teach high school or college. Dream job would be the Army medic course.
I don't know if I have a knack for teaching. I do know I absolutely love critical care paramedicine, and really want to master that the best that I can. Maybe become a critical care paramedic instructor. That seems like it would draw more of the "inclined-to-stick-around-this-field" types such as myself.

As far as the degree, let's be honest, I'm just being a lazy turd at this point.

RocketMedic

Oklahoma State University OKC has an online AAS Paramedic that awards 49 credits out of 66 you need for your AAS. An overload semester of general education gets you an AAS. And it can be completed online. Just show your P card

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Oklahoma State University OKC has an online AAS Paramedic that awards 49 credits out of 66 you need for your AAS. An overload semester of general education gets you an AAS. And it can be completed online. Just show your P card
It is completely and utterly online?

RocketMedic

I went to Rose State College, but I have heard that OSU OKC can be completed completely online. Www.osuokc.edu . Since you've already done the hard part, why not take the easy way to papering those walls?

They also have a medic program if there's any prospective students lurking and EMSA, although not a stellar place to make a career, will both hire you as an EMT and beg for you as a medic.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Elaborate without the heresay.
Per a very good friend, former partner, paramedic and current skills instructor for SAC they we're asked not to be as harsh as once was. It's still a great program that demands your full attention and in imho superior to pie aka pti any day of the week.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Per a very good friend, former partner, paramedic and current skills instructor for SAC they we're asked not to be as harsh as once was. It's still a great program that demands your full attention and in imho superior to pie aka pti any day of the week.
Millennials, ugh.

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
I don't know if I have a knack for teaching. I do know I absolutely love critical care paramedicine, and really want to master that the best that I can. Maybe become a critical care paramedic instructor. That seems like it would draw more of the "inclined-to-stick-around-this-field" types such as myself.

As far as the degree, let's be honest, I'm just being a lazy turd at this point.

Don't you already have your gen ed credits for nursing ? I am pretty certain that you can convert these towards an AAS in prehospital medicine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk