thecyclist

Forum Ride Along
I finish paramedic school in May. I plan to move to Oregon when I get done because I'm single and think its beautiful there. I've been in EMS for 3 years now. I was wondering if anyone has heard of Pacific West Ambulance. It's in lincoln county by the coast. Also who does the 911 transport for Portland. Are there any pros/cons to working in portland or the coast? Any info would be so helpful. Thank you

srcoen

Forum Crew Member
EMT from OK here... one of my lab instructors moved back home to OR recently... last name Plouff... Coos Bay Area. He would be happy to help you out.

OP
OP
thecyclist

thecyclist

Forum Ride Along
EMT from OK here... one of my lab instructors moved back home to OR recently... last name Plouff... Coos Bay Area. He would be happy to help you out.

Hey thanks, What service does plouff work at?

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Quick question...Do you have a degree? If you do not, then you usually do not qualify for an OR Paramedic License.

When I got my license in 2005 from OR, I was "grandfathered" because I held National Registry and my original paramedic license pre-dated their switch to a degree requirement. My first paramedic license was in 1994.

OREMT

Forum Probie
AMR does 911 transport for Portland. I've known a few people that have worked for Bay Cities on the coast and have had positive things to say about the experience. They often run to either Portland or Eugene, so long transport times are fairly frequent. If you want a 911 service without working for a fire department, Western Lane and Falck (in Salem) are additional options.