Pants

OP
OP
VFFforpeople

VFFforpeople

Forum Captain
Thank you all for your replies, I am gonna order and go 5:11 as for BPs. it was gonna stay Pov and I guess just look around town and get a feel for one i like, then find it cheaper on line! thank you all again!!

medic417

The Truth Provider
as for BPs. it was gonna stay Pov and I guess just look around town and get a feel for one i like, then find it cheaper on line! thank you all again!!

For as little as you will use it and the fact that the heat that builds up in your car during the summer will ruin it just by the cheapest one, even those cheapies Walmart sells work just fine for that.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Blauer EMS pants for me. The company gives us Elbeco pants, but I have Blauer's from my last job and I like the way they fit better. Also, I don't like the scissor staps and stuff on the Elbeco pockets. Just two cargo pockets work fine for me.

"Doc" Fox

Forum Probie
I wear Propper EMT, or Propper BDU pants. As a Medivan Driver, I don't need a BP cuff yet. EMT school is coming soon though.

OP
OP
VFFforpeople

VFFforpeople

Forum Captain
I just bought 5:11 proper "station" pants and I love the fit!! comfortable and just amazing. I am gonna get a couple pairs of the actual work version. HAve a guy at our station that when he orders gets a 25% discount. I also bought cheap bp and steth, from our local drug store so, it will work. Thank you all for your input,\.

lilsiouXz

Forum Ride Along
white pants?

So I just surfed several websites looking for white EMT pants - looks like it's going to be pretty tough.

The squad I'm hoping to run with does give out pants, but I was just hoping to have a choice in styles and fit - guess I'll take what they give out - unless someone out there has a good link.

thanx...
siouXz

spnx

Forum Crew Member
White!? That's crazy.

All the time you spend on your knees, that's the last colour I'd want to be wearing.

At least it won't show blood. Oh wait... :rolleyes:

lilsiouXz

Forum Ride Along
dude, I know! That was my first thought when I saw the white shirt and white pants, but apparently they make it work >>:unsure:<<

Alexakat

Forum Lieutenant
Rescue 14, I presume!?

spnx

Forum Crew Member
dude, I know! That was my first thought when I saw the white shirt and white pants, but apparently they make it work >>:unsure:<<

Actually, I shouldn't laugh. I have to wear a white shirt too.

I remember coming back after treating a bleeder and I was really happy I hadn't got any blood on myself - then I was told "look at yourself more closely". It was the "I've been eating spaghetti look".

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I've got a drawer full of EMS pants I like. I've got Propper brand BDU's (100% cotton, somewhat faded) ****ies brand EMS pants (comfortable), Horace Small EMS pants (issued by an employer... expensive and good), Various versions of 5.11 pants (love them), and TruSpec EMS pants (very lightweight and great in warm weather).

Here's a secret - don't buy cheap pants... they'll let you down in the long run. Also... be prepared to have different experiences than some of us. Not everyone's body is the right size to fit into some of the various pants... so you might want to go somewhere to try them on.

As for shirts - we wear white shirts and navy pants... so yeah, white attracts dirt.

keith10247

Forum Lieutenant
So let me ask....does anybody else hate the "patented slash pockets" that 5.11's have? I find that most everything falls out of my pockets when I sit down for dinner or in the reclinder. I also have found that they fade crazy fast (yes, I wash them in cold water turned inside out and dry them on low like everyone has told me to do). Oh, and the patented utility strap is pretty useless to me. I was hoping that I could at least use it to clip my radio strap tether on to.

Oh and since I became an officer at my company, I have aquired the rights to wear a gray shirt. Non officers here have to wear navy blue shirts and navy blue pants. It is hard and annoying to match the blues). Our Chief won't let us wear our navy blue shirts with black pants either since it makes us look like a bruise. I am advising the new Jr members to wear black pants though. B)

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
Keep in mind the 5.11's weren't designed nor intended for EMS use, they were designed with the tactical operator in mind.