Palm OS

ttoude

Forum Crew Member
Any other palm os handheld users out there in BLS?

I'm looking for creative ways to use the heck out of this thing to help me learn.

So far I've used the basics word, excel etc. What was most helpful so far was my to do list. I set a to do's with a dose or some other info i need and everyday it pops up, I read it cancel it and they recur every day until I can recite them in my sleep. So far I got 152 of to do's that pop everyday

Any additional ideas would be appreciated.

Point is I want to squeezed every dime of worth out of this thing that I can.

flhtci01

Forum Captain
Try searching the forum for "Palm". There are a number of strings about various uses for the Palm.

OP
OP
ttoude

ttoude

Forum Crew Member
Wow, I gotta say I'm impressed with the EMS community and mobile tech.

I didn't search cause after a 8 or so years in health care I've been all but ostracized for using something with electricity in it. The labs etc that i've worked at have been nearly all paper based. and when I pull out my "datebook" to search for a ICD9 code or a definition, I get read the riot act for being "ultra technical".

I just kinda assumed that EMS was the same, I was very wrong. after searchin I found a butt load of hits.

Thank in advance to all the people that posted, I'm actually kinda looking forward to see whats possible.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I think that you'll find the full spectrum of those who embrace technology to those who refuse to believe the unit's electronic odometer. I think that the Palm OS offers some great software, but I'd love to see the ways the Apple iPhone or Google Android can be used in EMS.

rchristi

Forum Crew Member
You may want to check out EMS toolkit from pocketmobility.com Some nice applications and it includes quizzes for EMTB and Paramedic. It is not free, but it is reasonable

FF-EMT Diver

Forum Captain
Also look at epocrates.com they have a fine drug database for free download.

OP
OP
ttoude

ttoude

Forum Crew Member
ok, that kinda stuff I've known about for the better part of the last decade. Re-hashing those prc's was not the intent of my original post.

An idea outside of what you could just download and go was the idea.

Not to mention I already combed ALL the palm sites months ago for emt stuff. Some of it very useful, some not. To me a student what's been the most useful outside of the book is the scenarios here and that To Do list thing.

those were the ideas I was looking for.

but thx anyway