Online paramedic program?

polisciaggie

Forum Crew Member
I see no lesser value in education delivered online. What's it matter if the same information comes from a human being standing in front of you or if you receive the same information through your computer in a written, audio, and video format?

Couldn't agree with you more!

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
For me personally, I am not disciplined enough to do an entire Paramedic program online but that is just me. I feel it takes more of a student to do the program online than a classroom setting.

I agree with you entire on this! I have taken some "hybrid" or "mostly online" courses in the past few years. Concentration is definitely an issue when doing something in front of a computer. I actually would print up most of the materials and study them offline, going back to answer the questions and quizes online. Worked really well for me. I'm the sort who needs a book, highlighter, notebook and pencil, but can easily go back to the computer to complete the assignments.

And then there are those who work much better sitting in front of a computer, digest things very well and have a high degree of understand.

Then there are those who need a lecture with a real human being standing there and professing the subject material.

Different strokes for different folks. Time that we all realize, acknowledge this and stop trying to put everyone into one box.

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
So PERCOM's online school has higher pass rates than the tradition in-class schools. Interesting.

Depends on which in the Classroom traditional school your talking about

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
Depends on which in the Classroom traditional school your talking about

True! But their numbers don't like. They have very high pass rates. Very impressive.

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
Here is the latest for Texas, Just came out

Online Courses and accelerated Programs:

EMS Online Training Plus: 33%

Integrated Training Services, Inc. 38%

Texas Engineering Extension Service 52%

Training Division.com 72%

Pro Action Emergency Services Training 32%

PERCOM beats out these scores big time, so good for them

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
Here is the latest for Texas, Just came out

Online Courses and accelerated Programs:

EMS Online Training Plus: 33%

Integrated Training Services, Inc. 38%

Texas Engineering Extension Service 52%

Training Division.com 72%

Pro Action Emergency Services Training 32%

PERCOM beats out these scores big time, so good for them

I think it's clear that if you're going to go to EMT school you should go to a school that has a good reputation for educating prepared students, whom are capable of passing the board exam. This goes for online or in-person schools. Heck, I went to the "premier" EMS school in New England for Intermediate. While there they taught us incorrectly and every single student failed the Advanced Trauma Assessment station of the NREMT exam. 0% success rate. This is a school that is accredited by the CAAHEP, licensed as a post-secondary educational institution, accredited by the adjacent states and is operated by a large hospital system.

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
I think it's clear that if you're going to go to EMT school you should go to a school that has a good reputation for educating prepared students, whom are capable of passing the board exam. This goes for online or in-person schools. Heck, I went to the "premier" EMS school in New England for Intermediate. While there they taught us incorrectly and every single student failed the Advanced Trauma Assessment station of the NREMT exam. 0% success rate. This is a school that is accredited by the CAAHEP, licensed as a post-secondary educational institution, accredited by the adjacent states and is operated by a large hospital system.

Agreed