Online EMS Training?

Wren

Forum Ride Along
Hi!
I am trying to find certain trainings online, and I was told they didn't cost anything, and I was wondering if anyone knew the best place to find these trainings:

Hazardous Materials Response - Awareness Level
CEVO 3 Training
NIMS IS 100 & IS 700

Thank you!

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
You know....I started to answer each one to help you out.

However as a student, I am going to help you out....just not in the way you want.

You have the internet and you know what Google is.

I entered each phrase that you took the time to post here and found the answers myself. I mean I knew the NIMS one off top of head but seriously...open your search bar, enter the course name...even throw in FREE and ONLINE...

As a student, and a future EMS provider, you need to be able to conduct independent research and then circle back once you have made a halfarse effort if further clarification is needed.

OP
OP
W

Wren

Forum Ride Along
I appreciate you taking the time to respond. I never ask a question without doing at a minimum half-minded prior research on the subject, and I should have clarified. I conducted the same process you suggested prior to posting. I am aware of the NIMS on the FEMA website, however I do not entirely understand the FEMA SID required to take the final exam.

For the Hazmat trainings, if the only one is by OSHA or the saferesponse sites, then they allow a free preview of the course, but beyond that, you have to pay. Similarly, I understand what the CEVO 3 course is, but I have been unable to find a free online course.

Again, I appreciate the time you spent to respond, and I understand your response, but I'm afraid we misunderstood each other.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Fair.

On the FEMA website they tell you how to register for SSID. It is all on there. You need an ID to do these courses and future courses.
OSHA runs the Haz Mat...never seen it free cause a ton of people make money selling it.
CEVO....again, unsure how you expect to complete a driving course online...I mean a lot of people SELL it, however if you need it and are new to EMS, do one which has classroom and practical time.

FEMA/NIMS....a bazillion courses on there, knock yourself out. Go ahead and do 100,200, 700 and 800 just to have them out of the way. 300 is not offered online because it is a heavy hands on, interactive (In Real Life) course.

Last edited:

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
OSHA runs the Haz Mat...never seen it free cause a ton of people make money selling it.
I'm feeling generous today, so I'll help you out with this one: https://teex.org/Pages/Class.aspx?c.../Terrorism Awareness for Emergency Responders
I am trying to find certain trainings online, and I was told they didn't cost anything, and I was wondering if anyone knew the best place to find these trainings:
Who told you you could find these things online? why don't you ask them for the locations? If you get them online, will they be accepted by your employer or agency?

BTW most online classes aren't worth the paper they are printed on, because you don't learn anything. You might get the cert to check a box, but if you don't retain the information, was it really worth it?

I took ICS 200 as a 2 day class, 300, as a 3 day class, 400 as a 2 day class, HazMat Ops as a 2 day and 3 day class (two courses, the 3 day class was more fun, and took the awareness class online the day before the 3 day class), HazMat Tech as a 5 day class in Alabama, and an awesome ICS class in Texas, over 5 days.

Do you want the cert, or do you want to actually learn something?

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
That is generous of them to offer it for free. It is the chicken nugget sampler lady inside the mall....free taste and then you buy the meal!

planetmike

Forum Lieutenant
Check with your state's Office of EMS. Or Office of Fire Programs. Or whatever department oversees EMS (and Fire) in your state. They may offer some of the courses online.