OneScope VL

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
I think snapping a picture of the tube placed is a decent QA measure that should be standard for any one who uses VL and has the capability
The new C-Mac's can snap a picture but I do not think they can record. It is nice feature for education and documentation. Love the AirwayCam book and video series.
Snapping a picture is cool. But it doesn't explain how a provider is failing, it can't be used to show SALAD in action. All it does is help confirm placement if you have trust issues with your providers.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
If you hold down the multifunction button for a couple of seconds it will start to record. Push the button to end the recording. A quick press of the button snaps a picture.

Awesome, good to know. We are still rocking the classic

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Awesome, good to know. We are still rocking the classic
We wanted to keep our classic as a back-up and to use for training/PR however the company did a trade in plan to get the new ones discounted so we had to give it up.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I haven't even heard of it. For many of the ones out now, it seems like they're just reinventing the wheel. Some not really in a good way. Just give me good blade options, good ergonomics, and a quality screen and I am happy.

I can see the educational and QA benefit to recording, but it's not a huge deal to me. I have capno and a continual record of placement. The image quality could definitely be better, but other than that I really like the McGrath. I think it's been over a year since I couldn't successfully intubate someone with it. I can switch between VL/DL, I have pediatric and hyperangulated blades, it's simple to use.... checks all my boxes.

OP
OP
NomadicMedic

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I think recording is a novelty, but I understand that Maryland mandates every intubation be recorded for QA. Seems like a waste.

silver

Forum Asst. Chief
It would be a great way to see what the problem was. When I talk to providers about why they had a failed attempt, I never get a really good answer. A video would help find training deficiencies.
Makes sense was wondering if it was more a "this shows the tube is in" vs helping figure out why its failed. That being said, I would much rather have a video outside showing positioning and technique as it tells much more than the view you end up with.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Makes sense was wondering if it was more a "this shows the tube is in" vs helping figure out why its failed. That being said, I would much rather have a video outside showing positioning and technique as it tells much more than the view you end up with.
An exception I'll give is the hyperangulated blades and king visions. You can spot technique errors related to those. The king vision took me multiple attempts at messing with it to get the hang of it.

OP
OP
NomadicMedic

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Yeah, I was always too deep with the king vision. Once I learned the Jarvis tricks I got really comfortable. Adding SALAD and leading with suction was a total game changer.

and I still have guys who don’t believe in it.