NYC Medic moving to LA

Household6

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
But...it's cold.

We live in houses, not igloos.. The upside though? Cold water rescues, and the fire department has an actual hovercraft..
This is it:
15269_512.jpg

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
We live in houses, not igloos.. The upside though? Cold water rescues, and the fire department has an actual hovercraft..
This is it:
15269_512.jpg

Ok, this is neat. I don't even mind cold weather that much, but I can imagine working a wreck when it's 20 degrees outside and it makes me cringe (but so does working a wreck when it's 100, which I am sure to experience regularly in the next few months.)

Household6

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Ok, this is neat. I don't even mind cold weather that much, but I can imagine working a wreck when it's 20 degrees outside and it makes me cringe (but so does working a wreck when it's 100, which I am sure to experience regularly in the next few months.)

20 degrees is tshirt weather, the only part of you that gets cold is your fingers. But if you have good circulation it doesn't really get cold until you get down to zero..

The FD is really good about positive PR on hovercraft training days.. If you're in-the-know and you just happen to show up at the lake they're practicing at, they'll give you a ride.

And it can go BACKWARDS..:ph34r:

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
20 degrees is tshirt weather, the only part of you that gets cold is your fingers. But if you have good circulation it doesn't really get cold until you get down to zero..

The FD is really good about positive PR on hovercraft training days.. If you're in-the-know and you just happen to show up at the lake they're practicing at, they'll give you a ride.

And it can go BACKWARDS..:ph34r:

Lies

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

100 degrees is nothing. Try 120+. Just walking from the ER door to the ambulance will have you sweating lol

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
100 degrees is nothing. Try 120+. Just walking from the ER door to the ambulance will have you sweating lol

Yeah, summer highs here get around 105 with 90% humidity, which is miserable. I have spent some time in Arizona in the summer, feels hotter, but you sweat less with dry air as far as I was concerned.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Yeah, summer highs here get around 105 with 90% humidity, which is miserable. I have spent some time in Arizona in the summer, feels hotter, but you sweat less with dry air as far as I was concerned.

Oklahoma gets 100+ with humidity...ewww.