Nurses are way better than paramedics

Status
Not open for further replies.

uhbt420

Forum Crew Member
ummm, they do exactly the same job (especially here in So.Cal). only one works for the county and the other for a city. other than that they both conform to the standards of Peace Officer.

well, how bout apples and oranges, or accountants and statisticians... you guys know what i mean. B)

i love how people complain about ems education on an internet forum but dont do anything IRL to make a change. i love it even more when nremt-p's complain about it but don't even bother going for a two-year aas degree.

people just need to relax

JPINFV

Gadfly
i love how people complain about ems education on an internet forum but dont do anything IRL to make a change. i love it even more when nremt-p's complain about it but don't even bother going for a two-year aas degree.

Who says we aren't doing anything? Some of us just aren't in a position yet to do anything about it.

Journey

Forum Captain
well, how bout apples and oranges, or accountants and statisticians... you guys know what i mean. B)

Accountants and statisticians will usually require a graduate work or a Masters degree so the education is not as unequal as it is when comparing RNs and Paramedics. Even when just comparing education for Paramedics it varies from state to state so that can even be apples and oranges.

people just need to relax

How do you know that nobody is doing anything? We do have members here who are involved in the NREMT, education and their state boards. There are some who also have higher education. However, some will argue there is no need to exceed the required minimum until it becomes mandatory. It is also difficult to have a degree and actually know why or how the body or meds work and be stuck with partners who believe lido numbs the heart or a high flow oxygen mask is called "high flow" because oxygen goes real fast through the tubing. This is when some starting thinking about moving on to other professions or further up the ladder of their company.

JPINFV

Gadfly
It is also difficult to have a degree and actually know why or how the body or meds work and be stuck with partners who believe lido numbs the heart or a high flow oxygen mask is called "high flow" because oxygen goes real fast through the tubing. This is when some starting thinking about moving on to other professions or further up the ladder of their company.

Warning: Vent Like Typing Detected.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

It might be Vent-like, but I've seen posts that say pretty much exactly that as how the person understands those thigns to work. And you've been here as long as me so I'm sure you've seen them too

Journey

Forum Captain

Why are you giving me a warning for this? That post was not meant to be a vent but a statement that there are educated people in EMS. There are many other posts on this forum that can be taken as a vent and should also be given a warning.

I will admit that I did take the examples from other posts since I had never heard of them before reading these forums.

This quote came for EMTCITY, which is another EMS forum and the poster was Ruffems. If that is you and your quote I used...sorry.

High flow Oxygen is any flow rate where you can hear the oxygen flow from the tubing.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Why are you giving me a warning for this? That post was not meant to be a vent but a statement that there are educated people in EMS. There are many other posts on this forum that can be taken as a vent and should also be given a warning.

I will admit that I did take the examples from other posts since I had never heard of them before reading these forums.

This quote came for EMTCITY, which is another EMS forum and the poster was Ruffems. If that is you and your quote I used...sorry.

Ruff is a good guy, and it wasn't a warning to you. Vent was a poster here a while back. He was saying you posted like her on that post

JPINFV

Gadfly
It might be Vent-like, but I've seen posts that say pretty much exactly that as how the person understands those thigns to work. And you've been here as long as me so I'm sure you've seen them too

Oh, I'm not disagreeing with the substance, but the writing style and the specific arguments being made are extremely similar to Ventmedic. Ventmedic, for the newer people, was a poster who used to be helpful until she went off the deep end and started slinging personal attacks against anyone who disagreed with her. That got her banned from both this forum, and the aforementioned EMTCity, and she's been caught at both places trying to evade her ban. In terms of style, as an example of how predictive this could be, if I was to make a sockpuppet account, I'd blow my cover the first time I presented an argument in the form of a list.

He was saying you posted like her on that post

For the record, it's more than just one post, and I'm not the only person making this conclusion. I know 3 other regular posters who are thinking the same thing at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

medic417

The Truth Provider
Oh, I'm not disagreeing with the substance, but the writing style and the specific arguments being made are extremely similar to Ventmedic. Ventmedic, for the newer people, was a poster who used to be helpful until she went off the deep end and started slinging personal attacks against anyone who disagreed with her. That got her banned from both this forum, and the aforementioned EMTCity, and she's been caught at both places trying to evade her ban.

No she was not banned she quit. Perhaps they marked her banned afterwards but she left voluntarily. I really miss her and wish she would return.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
I really miss her and wish she would return.

Brown feels the same way about his ex wife, sssssh don't tell the current Mrs Brown :D

Seriously tho folks aren't we just going through the same thing again? Untiil US Paramedics recieve a serious increase in education and professional standards is it any wonder they are not taken seriously?

MusicMedic

Forum Captain
i think EMS Should have Doctors on the ambulance/life flight/etc.. just like they do in parts of Europe...

just like Brown is!!! (or going to be!)

but then again in europe the transport times tend to be longer in busy cities...

8jimi8

CFRN
no she was not banned she quit. Perhaps they marked her banned afterwards but she left voluntarily. I really miss her and wish she would return.

+1...

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
i think EMS Should have Doctors on the ambulance/life flight/etc.. just like they do in parts of Europe...

just like Brown is!!! (or going to be!)

but then again in europe the transport times tend to be longer in busy cities...

Hey what are you trying to imply, Brown is sooo a flying doctor with the helicopter emergency medical service! (/tongue in cheek)

Brown does not think it has a lot to do with transport times but about offering a higher standard of care and unlimited clinical dexterity (within reason) .... must we go there again? :D

New thread title: Helicopter doctors are better than nurses? Lol

MusicMedic

Forum Captain
Hey what are you trying to imply, Brown is sooo a flying doctor with the helicopter emergency medical service! (/tongue in cheek)

Brown does not think it has a lot to do with transport times but about offering a higher standard of care and unlimited clinical dexterity (within reason) .... must we go there again? :D

New thread title: Helicopter doctors are better than nurses? Lol

Fact: Helicopter doctors are better then everyone!!!

I did want to state it is a higher care of standard but i didnt want to go there so thats why i didnt state it! lol

another fact: Brown is Awesome!

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
i remember vent, here and on many other fourms. he/she/it went off on my on several occasion. i think vent was nuttier than a jumpsuit clad mad man running circles around a helo with an ET tube in one hand and a sock puppet in the other:ph34r:. however he/she/it did know their :censored::censored::censored::censored:.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Thread closed.
lock.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.