Number of People on the site

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
In a recent JEMS I saw a small advertisement for a competing site to this one. I went there and immediately came back here as the layout here is much nicer.

Might EMTLife take out a similar ad?
EMTLife generates no revenue. As a public school teacher I generate not much more revenue. Want to donate... I'm nearly a non-profit organization :)

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
EMTLife generates no revenue. As a public school teacher I generate not much more revenue. Want to donate... I'm nearly a non-profit organization :)

There was some talk of a newsletter. Some other forums charge a small yearly subscription fee ($20) for those, might help to compensate you for the work done on the site.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I AM NOT SPEAKING FOR MMIZ, THESE ARE MY OWN PERSONAL VIEWS

The idea of donations and fundraising for this site is a touchy subject. The Community Leaders have discussed this before, and here are some of the issues:

1) We don't want anyone feeling as if they must contribute $ to get the full benefits of this site.

2) We don't want to create any more groups of users with "special" privelages because they have contributed $ to the forum.

3) We want to treat ALL members of this site equally (despite what some think :ph34r:) and allow them to contribute to the forum where it matters - the discussions.

4) We don't want to become a site driven primarily by $. That is why you will never see any advertising on this site. MMiz and the rest of the Community Leaders feel that this is one of the best parts about this site...No Ads

5) If MMiz does want to accept donations to help fund the cause, that is his choice. I would suggest that everyone that does want to donate money please hold off for a few days while the CL's discuss this matter and try to come up with a system that is fair to everyone.

medman123

Forum Lieutenant
Ever notice how many people are on the site at one time. It amazes me, that at this time there are 6 members and 36 guests.... I have seen even larger numbers of guests..

What I wonder is, why are they not joining and participating, rather than just reading other's posts and being voyeurs? I would think they would have some input and ideas...

[size=+2] Come and join the fun![/size]

R/r 911
A lot of the time I don't log in when I am reading, I log in when I am about to post.

RescueShirts.com

Forum Crew Member
If I am browsing this site on a computer that I am not "automatically logged in" on... I won't log in unless I am going to post.

During those times, I appear as a guest.

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
If I am browsing this site on a computer that I am not "automatically logged in" on... I won't log in unless I am going to post.

During those times, I appear as a guest.

Meeeee TOOO....especially at work. Our county keeps a pretty tight reign on what we look at on the internet, what sites we visit and such. Last thing I need is to get a call, forget to log out, and one of our Shift Officers come by and start looking at what I've been doing....or worse, another employee come by and post something under my name that might get me in trouble with yous guys.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Just to add my 2 cents... I LOVE this site. I love the community feel... and I try to be welcoming and kind to ALL members (when I'm around). I've been to several of the online EMS forums, and this is the only one that I would consider to be a community. We are a family. A dysfunctional family, of course, but we are a family.

As for topics that have already been debated. EMS is changing, and there is new research on many things. For example... QuickClot was AWESOME, then it was EVIL, and now it is another tool in the toolbox, to use in special circumstances (in SOME places). Things are always changing in this field, and if you have a question, feel free to ask it... some of us may have different ideas, compared with the last time the topic was discussed.

russ31073

Forum Ride Along
my intro

ok. i am makingmy first post after reading the inital post for this thread. i am actually entering emt training this month and have been lurking around here for a couple of months and have found it very interesting. My name is Russ and i'm from michigan and just thought i would say hey!

Schwaa

Forum Ride Along
I would also have to say that I have found this site to be more inviting than some of the 'others.' Alot less bickering and internet attacks here. Keep up the good work everyone!

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
ok. i am makingmy first post after reading the inital post for this thread. i am actually entering emt training this month and have been lurking around here for a couple of months and have found it very interesting. My name is Russ and i'm from michigan and just thought i would say hey!

Hey!

I would also have to say that I have found this site to be more inviting than some of the 'others.' Alot less bickering and internet attacks here. Keep up the good work everyone!

Thanks. We couldn't have done it without our great members.