NREMT Online vs In Person Pearson Vue Testing

SigSauerNY

Forum Probie
I finished my psychomotor exams and had initially scheduled my exam for online and had a few people warn me of getting cut for "cheating" (movement, noise, eyes going off screen). I was wondering what everyones general opinions / feedback is on online testing, don't want to cough, or look off screen to think, and end up having to reschedule or restart a test or potentially be out $98 and time.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
I wouldn't worry about the cheating, but rather the Pearson software is incredibly buggy. Yes, they have some stupid rules, but I have taken exams in person and at home, and passed and failed in both locations. you can pass all of the pretests, but once you get the proctor online, if they have issues, you will have to reschedule

If you don't have a testing center nearby, then give online a chance. but if you want a lower stress environment, just go to the testing center, where you don't have to worry about the buggy remote software.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I had several students have an unsuccessful test using the at home proctor. Recommend against.

HardKnocks

Forum Lieutenant
PearsonVue is an awful platform. Don’t rely on it.
From the feedback I see;

It depends on the quality of the Internet Connection at the testing site.

Most have issues when connecting to Pearson Vue at home, (with the added requirement of remote video recordation).

Most have no computer issues and breeze through it when taking at a Pearson Testing Center.

For Vets; Some Military Bases have Pearson Vue Test sites on Base.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
From the feedback I see;

It depends on the quality of the Internet Connection at the testing site.

Most have issues when connecting to Pearson Vue at home, (with the added requirement of remote video recordation).

Most have no computer issues and breeze through it when taking at a Pearson Testing Center.

For Vets; Some Military Bases have Pearson Vue Test sites on Base.
And for those who’ve actually used it, it’s garbage.