NREMT new patch survey

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
I love the design of the Basic and Intermediate patches, but man I hate the gold on the paramedic patch. I really truly hate the gold.

If it were up to me, we would have the Paramedic patch that said,

"Nationally Registered EMT-Paramedic" or "Nationally Registered Paramedic" without the rocker, with just a standard white background using the same color scheme.

EMSLaw

Legal Beagle
I think the silver is nice, to differentiate the Intermediate/Advanced patch from the basic one. And the rockers are just one option - if you don't like them, vote in favor of the other ones that don't have it.

Not that anyone wears an NREMT patch, though, right? ;)

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I would get a shiny silver one! :p Still not gold, but it's better than white. lol

I'm not a fan of the rockers, and am less a fan of the idea of putting 'Ambulance' back on the patches (They used to all have it once upon a time, and BTW, not all EMTs work in ambulances. If someone told me I was less of an EMT because I used to work in an ED, I think I'd have to deck them, if anything it made me a better EMT)

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
I think the silver is nice, to differentiate the Intermediate/Advanced patch from the basic one. And the rockers are just one option - if you don't like them, vote in favor of the other ones that don't have it.

Yes, I will admit, the silver does seem nice. I just want to see the gold gone.

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
I really like how they ditched the EMT part on the Paramedic patch so it just says "Paramedic" But I do not like how they have replaced the word registered with the word certified. I also think the rocker design looks stupid. I think the NREMT looks best in the middle.

EMTinNEPA

Guess who's back...
REGISTERED Nurse... REGISTERED Respiratory Therapist... REGISTERED Paramedic... let's move FORWARD for once, shall we?

EMTinNEPA

Guess who's back...

Those who take the future of EMS as a profession seriously do, and they use the NREMT-P postnominal all the time. Of course, the only people who have issues with it are those who view their EMS career as "just a job".

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
I went to NREMT site, could not find it.

1. Remember, the side with the simplest uniform wins.
2. Make the basic one cheap, identifiable at fifty feet in good light, sturdy, holds up to laundering, and without all those angles on the edges to make sewing them on a real chore. You want more, buy a cloisoned pin
3. You think a doctor or nurse would get a patch with silver or gold thread?
4. How about big epaulettes with gold or silver braid?
3777.jpg

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
In fact, we need a contest.

Design and display an "EMTLIFE" patch or pin. Designs go to EMTLIFE and the winner gets a free one.

Veneficus

Forum Chief
1. Remember, the side with the simplest uniform wins.
2. Make the basic one cheap, identifiable at fifty feet in good light, sturdy, holds up to laundering, and without all those angles on the edges to make sewing them on a real chore. You want more, buy a cloisoned pin
3. You think a doctor or nurse would get a patch with silver or gold thread?
4. How about big epaulettes with gold or silver braid?
3777.jpg

Where do I get a set of those?

Honestly though I would rather 4 1/2inch gold bars to a star though.

Really though if you are a doctor and join the navy you get stuff like that. I'll bet the army gives you something similar.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Those who take the future of EMS as a profession seriously do, and they use the NREMT-P postnominal all the time. Of course, the only people who have issues with it are those who view their EMS career as "just a job".

We can't wear the NREMT patch on our uniforms... the company patch is on the left shoulder, and the Texas patch is on the right.

I've received flak for putting NREMT-P after my name on my official documents... oddly enough mainly from Basics. Most Medics I know put NREMT-P as well, and some even Lic-P if they are licensed.

Screw it, I worked hard to earn that title, I'm going to use it.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I put NREMT-I/85 after mine, although part of that is to help confuse the hell out of CO EMS officials, since I follow it with CO EMT-B

rhan101277

Forum Deputy Chief
I like the old one with the gold threading. When I get mine I want it to sparkle when I get out of the truck. :rolleyes:

I don't think people read the badges much.

Last edited by a moderator:

reaper

Working Bum

Are we serious?

The NREMT-P Patch is a joke. It looks like something out of a fashion show and means nothing. I take my state patch over it, any day. I throw the NREMT-P patch in a drawer with the rest.

The new ones look worse then the old ones. One day the NREMT-P will start to become professional and stop trying to have nice shiny objects, to attract attention.

People, it is a testing agency and nothing more. Value your education, not a test!

Sorry for the rant, But come on. Who cares what the pretty patch looks like.:rolleyes:

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
I also voted to get rid of the rocker and switch the paramedic to the silver, because it looks much better than the gold.

You should check out the Indiana state paramedic patch.

Those who take the future of EMS as a profession seriously do

...when their company allows it (see Linuss' comment).

, and they use the NREMT-P postnominal all the time.

You know because two extra letters behind the name mean so much in a profession known for 'patch collecting' and certification collecting. Right?

Of course, the only people who have issues with it are those who view their EMS career as "just a job".

Actually EMS is the only career field I have been in (other than research) I feel ANY loyalty to (why do you think I stick around here?). Technically, any career field is "just a job". It only becomes a career when you either can not or will not leave it, be it by choice or situation.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
You guys are too obsessed with your patches and titles and lights and sirens.

Our patches are the same cololur and say either Ambulance Technician, Paramedic or Intensive Care Paramedic as of Q1 2010.

One thing I wish we'd do here is go back to a national qualification patch.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
I agree that the gold needs to go. Aside from it being ugly I don't think it looks professional. It looks cheap and I have yet to see a uniform it doesn't look bad on.

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
I think everyone who is getting bent out of shape about people even discussing the new look of the patch need to lighten up.

Actually EMS is the only career field I have been in (other than research)
What kind of research? I worked in Phase 1 clin pharm for several years until my facility shut down recently.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief