Newish EMT-B looking to relocate

Thatoneguy1313

Forum Probie
I am a newish EMT-B (almost a year now) looking towards getting my paramedic license hopefully in the next few years. My question is, where can I get on with a paid service that takes little to no experience? I do have 8 months now at a very low volume volunteer department, and I have volunteered to help out as a lab aide in EMT-B classes since I got my license, but that's all the experience I have so far. I do not mind fire/ems although I do not have any experience in fire either. I don't really care much where I go, just getting to time for a relocation. I am too young to work for the paid services around here (they have a minimum 21 years old, and I just recently turned 20), and I am really not getting the critical experience at the volunteer department.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
ATCEMS in Austin, TX has been hiring a lot, you're right on the cusp of their experience requirement though. Still might be worth a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
OP, this is not against you as you are not the first to pose such a question but seriously there are literally 1000000s of EMT jobs across this country. When you say you do not care where, that is a generic BS reply. You do care and should care.

Read the threads on how to determine what exactly you want. Then aside from that...how much money do you have? Are you willing to truly relocate? If so, then you need to have an idea of where you want to be so you can do homework prior to going there.

If you want experience, it is available...I mean instead of all of these well known massive department names thrown at you and everyone else who asks the same question...you might find yourself able to get hired at some small podunk county EMS in Sheboygan bumfluck Idaho.....again you have a lot to ask yourself, a lot to analyze and then narrow the decisions. You are way too broad to get any kind of serious reply to assist you in the formulation of an action plan.