Newbie advice

OHgrl74

Forum Probie
I'm a new EMT who has been running for about a month or so but have only had a handful of runs on my shifts. I'm frustrated at this point because I want the experience and runs but am nervous because I haven't had many runs. Tell me this is normal and it all comes in time and with experience... any advice?

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief
This is normal and it all comes in time and with experience.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
I've been an EMT-B for a few months and have had quite a bit of calls. I work EMS PART TIME 12 hrs every 2 ish weeks, and work in a major city. I work on a CCT truck with an EMR (driver) myself, and a CC-P, so i do get to do patient interactions, and assist my paramedic partner. Also going to save @DEmedic some effort here and say, pm a site admin and change your name to a username, if you post more here, you'll thank me later. :D

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
Give yourself some time on the job. Call volume varies from day to day and location to location. As time goes on you will see more calls and become more confident in your abilities.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
It aint gonna come in a month dude. I've been at this over a year and just rolled out the medic mill and I don't know **** compared to the folks here. After a year you will be a lot more comfortable, but it takes years before you really settle in (so I am told).

OP
OP
OHgrl74

OHgrl74

Forum Probie
So just relax, watch, listen and take it all in and don't freak out. Thanks guys.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
IMG_0099.JPG

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
OP
OP
OHgrl74

OHgrl74

Forum Probie
I'm lucky to have a medic and ER nurse to run with initially. We have an echo als unit that goes out with us too on most calls