New York is a tough city to get work in.

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
Now if I could only get the bosses to understand that this why on-scene times are so long on 911 calls in Boston. First you have to stabilize the patient enough to move them, and then figure out how to move them. If we're going to start treatment onscene, we might as well just get it all done at once, and just monitor/adjust on the way to the hospital.

Are triple deckers common in NYC? Those are the buildings I hate the most, along with buildings with elevators that are so small that you still have to use the stairchair to get to street level.

I don't remember any triple deckers. The 2-3 story row homes are much more common in NY. It's also a PITA to navigate through some of the projects. You're trying not to run over anyone, you have to deal with elevators that may or may not work, or trying not to get lost in the basement labyrinth of hallways underneath the building with doors that lock behind you. Sometimes we find would find an exit, any exit at that point, and have no clue what side of the building we came out of or where our bus was.

Taking a boarded/collared elderly FDGB in those tight elevators was always interesting. I used to creat stirrups out of cravets to keep the feet and legs from sliding downward. The C-collar would choke them out as well. We have the spider straps here. They keep you pretty locked in.

northernnhmedic

Forum Probie
How about the subway stations at Broadway/Roose, 71/Queens Blvd, or at Queens/Woodhaven? You have to remember which way you went in so you dont come above ground 3 blocks from your bus...

alphamedic

Forum Ride Along
Why so angry Barry. Alot of people want to work EMS in the City,been there done that got the t-shirt. Apply every where and who knows you just might get lucky.

OP
OP
M

MattyRattlesnake

Forum Ride Along
Four months later and still not a god damn thing.

I think I'll give this :censored::censored::censored::censored: up and go back to schlepping in a :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing restaurant.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
try crossing the GWB, OuterBridge, Goethals, or Lincoln tunnel. you will get paid more and there are more jobs.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
at $12 a pop, it becomes difficult crossing it.