New to the EMT Life (Future EMT in the Making)

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Bottom line: be more like @VentMonkey :)
IMG_2193.GIF

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Most importantly, never pass up an opportunity to pee.

This. Times a million.

I always pee before we leave the station on a call unless it's priority 1.

Last time I didn't pee when I had to we had a 25 minute emergent response and a 40 minute emergent transport. Just about peed myself when we got to the hospital.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

Carlyle Wilson

Forum Ride Along
Thank you for all the advice and tips. I'm taking everything in. This is something that I really want to do and I take it seriously but I also want to have fun with it. Who has the best EMT program in NYC/NYS if anyone knows? Because I plan on getting every certification there is locally and nationally.

ERDoc

Forum Asst. Chief
There is no best program. It's a matter of where can you take the class. What area do you live in? There is a large variation in the way EMT classes are run throughout the state. Unless you have plans to leave NYS, the national certs are useless to you.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
The area you live in will dictate where u go mainly. I work in Albany county and they paid for my emt class under the restriction it had to be an accelerated class. The only accelerated class at that particular time was in rockland county. I can only speak first hand for 2 emt classes in the state(one my friend teaches at, the other I attended).

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
There is no best program. It's a matter of where can you take the class. What area do you live in? There is a large variation in the way EMT classes are run throughout the state. Unless you have plans to leave NYS, the national certs are useless to you.

As someone who let their NREMT-P lapse because they thought they never were going to move, if you have the option of getting your NREMT skills testing easily through your program do it, take the written and maintain it.

It'll save you a lot of headaches down the road.