New strip

emtbill

Forum Crew Member
Hi all,

Long time reader, first time poster.

I had a lot of downtime during my last shift and started looking through the monitor's patient archives and found this strip:

Strip

12 lead

I don't have any patient information so don't ask.

What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sasha

Forum Chief
I'm not good at reading strips or 12leads, but I'm going to venture and guess the first one is SR with a lot of noise.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Like I said, bad at it!

marineman

Forum Asst. Chief
Me too sasha, we just started getting into 3 leads last week and haven't touched 12 leads yet. Anyone that's better at this care to tell me what the rhythm is on the 3 lead.

the only ones we've really looked at so far are different examples in the classroom so I'm having trouble picking out waves vs noise

Sasha

Forum Chief
Me too sasha, we just started getting into 3 leads last week and haven't touched 12 leads yet. Anyone that's better at this care to tell me what the rhythm is on the 3 lead.

the only ones we've really looked at so far are different examples in the classroom so I'm having trouble picking out waves vs noise

Sad part is, I've been over 3 and 12 leads and STILL suck! :p

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
This is one of those strips that points the need of 12 lead assessment. Yes, one can tell there is definitely potential problems in three lead but accurate interpertation cannot be made off the simple monitoring lead.

Hence, the reason and need of twelve lead to be able to define the area of problems of ischemia and infarct.

R/r 911

TomB

Forum Captain
Hi all,

I had a lot of downtime during my last shift and started looking through the monitor's patient archives and found this strip:

Strip

12 lead

What do you think?

Very cool ECG.

I think this is either ST with acute anterior STEMI or 2:1 atrial flutter masquerading as acute STEMI.

This particular mimic was identified as a problem in Southern California's regional STEMI system.

Thanks for sharing!

Tom

P.S. What was the computerized interpretation?

BLSBoy

makes good girls go bad
I was thinking Anterior-septal STE with reciprocal changes, no?

I was going for just the strip interp. Looking further at the 12 lead......I see ST Depression OR Elevation in........all leads.

FF894

Forum Captain
Bascially, you've heard of "the big one" ? This bad boy is having it....

tydek07

Forum Captain
Oh my!

Oh my... wow... that is a OH SH*T rythym... poor guy never had a chance:glare:

FF894

Forum Captain
Going by 12-Lead I see wide-spread elevation in anterior and septal leads with depression in inferior and lateral leads which would make sense to see reciprocal changes. He is having an anterior infarct? I could be wrong though, I'm fairly new at this...

TomB

Forum Captain
Hi all,

Strip

12 lead

What do you think?

I think this is either ST with acute anterior STEMI or 2:1 atrial flutter masquerading as acute STEMI.

This particular mimic was identified as a problem in Southern California's regional STEMI system.

What was the computerized interpretation?

Sorry if this turns out to be a double post. I'm new to the forum. It let me post to another thread, but my reply for this one didn't show up for some reason.