new here..emt b-practitioner

k0y20medic

Forum Ride Along
Reaction score
ive been working in the city ambulance unit for a year now, have been handled cases such as cardiac arrest, our unit does not have AED and the dilemma is in to us that person who are on under arrest increases chance of survival if defifbrilated. we are just giving BLS..most of them DOA in receiving facility:sad:..just sharing

What? No offense but reading that gave me a headache. The grammar in that post is bad enough I'm not entirely sure what exactly your trying to say or ask.

I too would be concerned working as a EMT-B without an AED. What is the rationale for not having them on all ambulances?

I'm sitting at post, so without anything better to do until the next call, I'm going to try and figure out what your saying.

ive been working in the city ambulance unit for a year now,

Ok this is forum has members from pretty much everywhere in the US, and more than a few from other countries like Canada or the UK. Which city are you referring to? If you don't want to specify New York City or Los Angeles or Lillington or wherever, say "a city" not "the city".

have been handled cases such as cardiac arrest,
I take it you mean you have handled cardiac arrests? No need to throw in extra words, it just jumbles up the sentence.

our unit does not have AED
Yeah that sucks

and the dilemma is in to us that person who are on under arrest increases chance of survival if defifbrilated.
Ok, THIS is the part that gave me the headache. It looks like your trying to say that

"the dilemma is that the person (the patient) who arrested has an increased chance of survival if they are defibrillated"

Close or no cigar?

we are just giving BLS..most of them DOA in receiving facility:sad:..just sharing

I too would be concerned working as a EMT-B without an AED. What is the rationale for not having them on all ambulances?

We don't have them either. Granted we're "just" a non emergency transport company, it still makes pretty much zero sense to me that we don't carry them -_-

Come on guys, a little bit of effort and intuition goes a long way here.

First, his location is Zamboanga City,PH. That's no American nor Canadian state/province, so it's easy to assume it would be the Philippines, a quick Google confirms that. So English isn't his first language, plus the addition of medical terminology complicates a second language greatly.

Secondly, it's easy enough to get the jist of what he's saying. His service doesn't have AEDs on board, despite it being widely accepted that early defib saves lives.

Come on guys, a little bit of effort and intuition goes a long way here.

First, his location is Zamboanga City,PH. That's no American nor Canadian state/province, so it's easy to assume it would be the Philippines, a quick Google confirms that. So English isn't his first language, plus the addition of medical terminology complicates a second language greatly.

Secondly, it's easy enough to get the jist of what he's saying. His service doesn't have AEDs on board, despite it being widely accepted that early defib saves lives.

D'oh. Don't I just feel like an :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: now? Well that's what I get for not checking the profile. -_-

Sorry k0y20medic

Last edited by a moderator:
That is because EMS is virtually unknown to large chunk of the Filipinos. The only EMS services with AED-equipped ambulances are found mostly in the highly urbanized cities in and around Metro Manila.

I lived in the Philippines for 3 years. Not once did I ever see an ambulance, but that was back when Moby **** was a minnow. When a injured person needed transport, they used Jitneys. I suppose bigger cities like Manila would have EMS.

jeepneysM4.gif

i think i mess up with my grammar, haha sorry for that.

Back