New FD Reality Series

cm4short

Forum Lieutenant
There's anew reality series starting at the end of this month on the 30th. It's called "First In." It's with Compton Fire Department in LA. They get some action and I suggest you check out the first episode.

It's scheduled air date is Sept. 30th @10:00pm on BET. I'll post a link soon, but you can google it if I don't get around to it.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
BET is the absolute worst channel they could have aired it on.

They should have chosen a slightly less controversial channel... Maybe I'll catch it on Hulu?

Last edited by a moderator:

8jimi8

CFRN
looks like a busy district.

i'm sure its on BET because its shot in COMPTON yo.

lol

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Lets keep this thread on topic and not a discussion of BET.

medic417

The Truth Provider
ignore me lost in space moment.

OP
OP
C

cm4short

Forum Lieutenant
I have a few friends on the department. The Guy speaking is BC Melansen. He's dialed in. You watch him perform and you'll know exactly how he promoted so quickly and being so young. They have a lot of well trained staff. They are one of the busiest departments in California. They also get a lot of working fires. Especially compared to their larger bordering FD's. And lets not mention the severity and amazement of the calls. I used to work and live out there. Action all day and Especially at night:excl:.

OP
OP
C

cm4short

Forum Lieutenant
You have it. I'm sure. Its usually near MTV and VH1. Unless the channel is blocked.

Cory

Forum Captain
YES! Long over due idea for a tv show. Unfortunately, on BET, I do not expect it to last long : /

Barney_Fife

Forum Crew Member
I checked. We don't have it.. Although, there is one that appears to be all spanish, three all religion, sixty-six all music.. Which.. wtf.. Why would I turn on the TV, to listen to music. That's like turning on the radio to watch reality TV.. Thank God, MTV plays reality shows, instead of music. Get it? BWAHAHAHA

OP
OP
C

cm4short

Forum Lieutenant
Kinda sucks you'll be missing out. Because I'm not sure if you noticed but they had shot fired while on scene of the medical aides. Typical night in CPT. They carry AK's like Terrorist out there.

i mean... just check out the show once. Guarantee you wont regret it. If you can find the channel that is. :unsure:

AZFF/EMT

Forum Lieutenant
I will be watching. Looks very good. I have been amazed that there are no reality shows following LA, PHX or other busy urban fd's around. Like mentioned above I hope it stays on the air and goes multiple seasons or at least inspires other shows like it. But on BET I am not sure how well it will do.

OP
OP
C

cm4short

Forum Lieutenant
I will be watching. Looks very good. I have been amazed that there are no reality shows following LA, PHX or other busy urban fd's around. Like mentioned above I hope it stays on the air and goes multiple seasons or at least inspires other shows like it. But on BET I am not sure how well it will do.

I'm sure it can overcome that barrier. Back in '04 when I first got into this field; I did a ride along with LAFD. They had a film crew who was planning a Reality Show with the "Skid Row" station in Downtown. But, nothing came of it. I think it was partly due to all the politics going on at the time.

OP
OP
C

cm4short

Forum Lieutenant
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEz5PMKggSY

This is the pilot for the LAFD. They get some action too. I showed up early, 6am for my ride along. There was a block of people camping across the street from the station. I thought I was missing a Micaheal Jackson Concert. Turns out they were all homeless.