Nevada State EMT-B License

JesterEMS

Forum Probie
Hello,

I recently finished with getting my nremt certification and I was just wondering if anyone knows how long the state takes in processing a state license in Nevada.

Thanks,
Jester

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Regular Nevada or Vegas?

Usually the regular office is pretty quick, I used to just take my stuff to the office in Carson and they'd print out my cert on the spot.

If you mail it it usually takes a couple of weeks. 3-4 max.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
Wendover Ambulance mailed mine in and got email from them 2 1/2 weeks later ( over Christmas holiday no less).

Fun thing is it expires 31 March 2017 (when NREMT does) and since I did not renew it before the end of 2016 I have to pay late fee to renew it ($20 instead of $10). Goofier still is the fact that I got email with it on 28 December and was told in email that it basically expired on the 31st, but they extended it to 31 March.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Wendover Ambulance mailed mine in and got email from them 2 1/2 weeks later ( over Christmas holiday no less).

Fun thing is it expires 31 March 2017 (when NREMT does) and since I did not renew it before the end of 2016 I have to pay late fee to renew it ($20 instead of $10). Goofier still is the fact that I got email with it on 28 December and was told in email that it basically expired on the 31st, but they extended it to 31 March.

It's so dumb how they do it. It expires on 3/31 but your recert packet is due by 12/31 otherwise you're considered "late".

It's because it's such a small office that they need the three months to process everyone by the time the certification actually expires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk