Need some advice...

kali27

Forum Probie
I got my EMT-B in May, and after searching finally got a job offer with a transport company, my dilemma is that I will be going back for Paramedic school in January and I'm not sure if the schedule between work and school are going to work. School is Monday and Wednesday with clinicals also, and working 24 hour shifts. Currently I have a job at a non EMS company with good pay and benefits in which I could work 10-6 and go to school no problem. I am concerned that if I take the new job the schedule wont work out (and its kinda far away so a lot of driving) but I dont want to miss a good opportunity for experience. Any thoughts on this? Anyone else that has gone to school full time and worked full time in EMS also?? Thanks!

Anjel

Forum Angel
I will be working 4 12hour shifts a week. Going.to school 12hrs on thursday. Then clinicals wednesday and sunday.

It's doable. You dont HAVE to work as a basic first. You will get.experiance during clinicals.

Do whatever will stress you less.

medic417

The Truth Provider
Check with the company to see if they will work with school schedule.

OP
OP
K

kali27

Forum Probie
Thank you....they said they would work with my schedule, I'm just not sure if I'm going to be getting enough hours there, and enough time to study, its also going to be a lot of time spent driving back and forth between the two.