National Ambulance UAE

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
It appears your buddy doesnt know what is going on then. The cicpa contract is not lost and the company is not going under.
Okay, I’m willing to hear you out. Elaborate on your credentials with NA and how you have come upon such information.

I don’t have a dog in this fight. My only piece is that I would like to know what is going on there from those with first hand knowledge. I enjoyed my time with NA, yet those reading this thread should have the latest and most accurate information. I have sources I trust; you are not one of them...

Helimed1

Forum Ride Along
Okay, I’m willing to hear you out. Elaborate on your credentials with NA and how you have come upon such information.

I don’t have a dog in this fight. My only piece is that I would like to know what is going on there from those with first hand knowledge. I enjoyed my time with NA, yet those reading this thread should have the latest and most accurate information. I have sources I trust; you are not one of them...

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings

No I won't elaborate on my credentials nor with whom I get my info from. What I will say is that contract services from na was reduced. It didnt end. Simple really.

Helimed1

Forum Ride Along

And dude, another reason I do not want to elaborate is that I dont know what has been said to NA staff so I do not think this would be the right forum for staff to hear about what is going on.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
My feelings are fine.

So if by reduced you mean that there is no longer a contract for ALS services on CICPA, all ALS providers are being laid off and being sent back to their home of record, and the contract will now be staffed by EMTs from the Philippines then sure... it isn’t “lost.”

For the intent and purpose of this thread, The contract has been lost per se, as no medics can work there anymore (western or commonwealth medics especially).

I wonder, will those laid off will receive their end of contract bonuses?

Last edited:

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Kinda sad. My wife was starting to warm up to the idea of contract work. Oh well. Guess I'll put it on the back burner and start looking elsewhere.

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
Kinda sad. My wife was starting to warm up to the idea of contract work. Oh well. Guess I'll put it on the back burner and start looking elsewhere.
Get yourself a couple ex-wives and a lover in SE asia or mail order bride from Eastern Europe. Then your a real contractor. Add a couple adult kids of your own back home that you also don't speak to.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
Get yourself a couple ex-wives and a lover in SE asia or mail order bride from Eastern Europe. Then your a real contractor. Add a couple adult kids of your own back home that you also don't speak to.

so you just gave up the sweet secret life of a Contractor...traitor.

🤣🤣🤣

WailingBanshees

Forum Probie
As per my colleagues over there in the ACC, Aspen will leave the command of National Ambulance and a new (local?) company called Fazaa will take over, my friends there are worried about a -30% salary cut.

Also (unrelated to NA itself), two of my colleagues there just suddenly disappeared by National Security and not their family or friends or the company knows anything about them, their cars are still parked there (both Palestinian).

I'm working now in a different gulf country, a much better contract, benefits.

But all of this doesn't matter if you're coming from US/EU, UAE can be very welcoming and some people in NA are great to work with, despite the past replies.

Loveakiwi

Forum Ride Along
As per my colleagues over there in the ACC, Aspen will leave the command of National Ambulance and a new (local?) company called Fazaa will take over, my friends there are worried about a -30% salary cut.

Also (unrelated to NA itself), two of my colleagues there just suddenly disappeared by National Security and not their family or friends or the company knows anything about them, their cars are still parked there (both Palestinian).

I'm working now in a different gulf country, a much better contract, benefits.

But all of this doesn't matter if you're coming from US/EU, UAE can be very welcoming and some people in NA are great to work with, despite the past replies.
Disappeared? Oh wow. Is that type of thing still happening out there??

WailingBanshees

Forum Probie
Disappeared? Oh wow. Is that type of thing still happening out there??

Yeah, I can't say if they're involved in anything but they've been colleagues since college, hope it's not something related to UAE acknowledging Israel because lots of people got harmed if they say their opinions on it on social media. (Palestinians are focused with this surveillance)

But politics isn't part of this forum, Mainly that when their families/colleagues asked the company, the only response on the phone was:
"We don't know where they are, to us, they're absent employees, more than 1 week and they will be dismissed and replaced"

Last edited:

TheUnnamedMedic

Forum Ride Along
For anyone wanting any recent updates regarding employment. Ive got several years in this company and am on my way out. There is still money to be made here but they have significantly reduced it. I don’t think it’s the ideal situation for any of those with families looking to relocate nor do I think it’s a long term place for anyone for the west. I’ve had several good years here and more recently a bad few months. Overall I’m glad I did it and would do it again if given the chance. If any of you are looking to apply I hope this helps.