My Partner watching movies while driving the rig

Sasha

Forum Chief
I'm not convinced. In the second picture there is a cross street sign in the background, that is not something we see on the freeways here.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Somebody needs to be the grownup here, if he's watching a movie and driving, I'm guessing its you. Call him on it and if the computer isn't in his bag all the time after that, talk to the sup.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Anyone feel like making the call to the company? He works for this company: http://www.procaremr.com/ and his name is on the dudes profile where the pictures are. I was gonna email them, but they don't have a public email address.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm not convinced. In the second picture there is a cross street sign in the background, that is not something we see on the freeways here.

Even if it's not on a freeway, and only when stopped at a light. It's complete negligence and very dangerous. As well as illegal in California.

Sasha

Forum Chief
I don't see how it's anymore negligent at a light then messing with the radio.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Anyone feel like making the call to the company? He works for this company: http://www.procaremr.com/ and his name is on the dudes profile where the pictures are. I was gonna email them, but they don't have a public email address.

Only if it gets this dude here fired.

I'd be thoroughly pissed if someone was taking and posting my picture on a public forum without my knowledge

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I don't see how it's anymore negligent at a light then messing with the radio.

You don't concentrate on a radio, when you're watching a movie you're paying attention to what is happening in the movie, not the road. And he *is* doing it while moving as you can see the speedo / tach on one of the pics.

Sasha

Forum Chief
You don't concentrate on a radio, when you're watching a movie you're paying attention to what is happening in the movie, not the road. And he *is* doing it while moving as you can see the speedo / tach on one of the pics.

I beg to differ. I've seen people completely absorbed in the radio and finding a new station. Or reading the pager, or watching the patient compartment in the rear view.

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief

I can't see anything relevant on the dash, and these pictures proves nothing. That would be funny for the driver to find out what a tool his partner is though

Joining emtlife just to post this is a bit troll like imo

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief

No email but they do have a 24 hour 1800 dispatch number. :)

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
In California it doesn't matter if he was at a stop light or on the freeway. If you are texting or watching a movie then it is illegal (yes I have seen 1 person get pulled over at a red light for texting). If you are totally absorbed in finding a radio station and start weaving in and out of lanes then yes you can be pulled over.

To the OP: it doesn't matter if he was on the freeway or on city streets or even at a stop light. If it makes you nervous talk to him about it. If he still does it then talk to a sup about it. But go over your company policy also. For example state law is no using your cell phone while driving except in an emergency. Company policy is we can talk on cell phones for emergencys and company business only.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I can't see anything relevant on the dash, and these pictures proves nothing. That would be funny for the driver to find out what a tool his partner is though

Joining emtlife just to post this is a bit troll like imo

You can see in the pictures that the tranny is in gear and there is traffic around him (otherwise meaning driving on the street). And you can clearly see the device he is using to possibly watch a movie.

rwik123

Forum Asst. Chief
no one should call or email the company. Its really none of our business to go that far....based on an anon claiming something with a picture with no evidence. Could be on google maps, nav, going over a run report who knows. Yeah its bad to drive with electronics but it happens.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
no one should call or email the company. Its really none of our business to go that far....based on an anon claiming something with a picture with no evidence. Could be on google maps, nav, going over a run report who knows. Yeah its bad to drive with electronics but it happens.

"hey bob"

"yeah Joe"

"check out this crazy pic of my cute GF real quick"

"wow yeah she's cute but seriously I'm driving right now here take it back"

"so Joe you know I kinda accidentally hit on your sister the other day and you were really mad and all I just wanna say I'm glad you decided not to blow it out of proportion and try to get any crazy revenge or anything"

"hey no problem Bob I'm already over it. Hey pull over to mcdonalds real quick I need to use their wifi to upload a pic real quick"

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief

It doesn't matter, it is still gross negligence doing that while operating an ambulance. All it takes is the person in front of them to slam on their brakes for them to crash and kill someone.

dstevens58

Forum Lieutenant
IMHO (and my two cents worth), I was taught in basic school that my safety & my partner's safety were the priorities to keep in mind (scene safe).

I believe it's YOUR responsibility to address this and not a member of forum to email the picture to your boss. If you can't stop this asinine, childish and foolish behavior of your partner, it's time to get a new partner or a new boss before one of you get hurt. It will happen, it's only a matter of time.

<Now stepping down from my soap box>

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Have his *** fired, if he is that immature and lacks sufficient cognitive judgement to see such a decision as unsafe, he does not possess the maturity or rational thinking required of a professional Ambulance Officer.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Both of you ought to be canned. Him for being an idiot, and you for not growing a pair and taking some responsibility for your own (and his, and the public's) safety.

Really, is it that hard to say "what the hell are you doing?!?" If he won't stop, you drive.