My Daughter just got on the national registry.

hometownmedic5

Forum Asst. Chief
Ok then.

Stuff I use every day:
Ipad
Airpods
Battery pack to charge above
Car charger
Water bottle
Good, and I mean really good, bed linen(nothing like crawling into 1000tc sheets for your thirty minute nap between calls)
Pens(lots of pens)
Gun
Index cards
Flashlight

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
****... I just stole...um...borrowed a cheap penlight that supply stocks on the truck. Or my phone light if I feel frisky. I gotta step up my flashlight game I guess...you guys and your fancy lights.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Ok then.

Stuff I use every day:
Ipad
Airpods
Battery pack to charge above
Car charger
Water bottle
Good, and I mean really good, bed linen(nothing like crawling into 1000tc sheets for your thirty minute nap between calls)
Pens(lots of pens)
Gun
Index cards
Flashlight
Two 22s in your shoes?

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Stuff I use every shift.

Backpack.
Big azz yeti cup
Lunchbag
White noise machine.
iPad
Charger
Keurig pods.
Various OTC meds. (Tylenol, ibuprofen, Tims and allergy meds)

OP
OP
J

Justin M

Forum Ride Along
@LaceyA I think sunglasses are a great idea but she would want to pick them out herself.
@NomadicMedic @hometownmedic5 Thank you both for your lists!

Final items: Mall gift card and an Amazon gift card and Lastly, there has been some great advise given in this thread, and while I am gonna pass that on to her, I think she would love all the other advise elsewhere on this forum so I am going to tell her about the site and I am gonna get her a Premium+ Membership to EMTLIFE (haven't bought this yet, just going to tell her I will pay for it since there is not really any gift cards for this) , I know it is not required or whatever, but I feel you should contribute to places that contribute to a community and this place is great!

I am done shopping for now. I thank you all for your help. And my daughter thanks you.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
As far as backpacks go, we just had a long discussion about these in a different group and the general consensus was the LAPG 24 hour pack. (http://www.lapolicegear.com/lapg-bg-24h-pack-atlas.html) very similar to the 5.11 pack at less than 1/2 the price. I love mine. I know @TransportJockey has one too.

+1 for a good backpack. While I don't rock the LAPG I have a death dealer tactical "24 hour pack" that I got on GovX pretty cheap. Murican made veteran owned company with a lifetime warranty.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I feel like I'm watching a German film in Japanese....
I assume you meant "gum" not "gun" in your original post and do not in fact carry two .22 caliber handguns in holsters upon your ankles, near your shoes.

bakertaylor28

Forum Lieutenant
I assume you meant "gum" not "gun" in your original post and do not in fact carry two .22 caliber handguns in holsters upon your ankles, near your shoes.
@Tiger This is exactly what makes you an interesting personality. We were all thinking it, yet leave it to you to actually say it in uncertain terms. I can only hope that you are this opinionated with patients. (or maybe not- it might break down the "system".) :D:cool: