My AEMT license is under investigation for misdermeanors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
110K a year is perfect for me. And only TWO languages? Seriously?

I want to pursue full stack development. I want to be proficient at a multitude of programming languages.
The key thing isn't the "two languages"... it's the stacked resume that got them the jobs they now have. You can teach yourself all you want, get certified in multiple disciplines, learn every computer programming language there is, and if all you have to show for actual experience is, say, being a user in several internet forums, hiring managers will look at you as one who is simultaneously overqualified for entry level jobs (pay is horrible) and underqualified for any position above entry level.

My brother does just networking. He worked in that field for several years before he was forced to take a couple years off. Then he wanted to get back into it, got CCNA and CCNP certified in several different areas. He was unemployable for a very long time because he was too experienced for entry level work and didn't have enough recent experience for anything above entry level. While I'm happy to say that he's now gainfully employed, his knowledge and work ethic has brought him far since an IT company was willing to take him on. Good luck with that... oh, and since you have convictions in your background, any competent background checking company will easily find out and it'll be in your report to any potential employer. That may or may not cause you to lose any conditional offers you may get. How do I know? I've seen the background report provided to a potential employer. The company supplied me with a copy of what they provided to the potential employer as part of the pre-hire process. The report generated was relatively generic and covered court convictions, any sex abuse registrant requirements, employment history, Social Security Number issued (since you are/were employed, you have one), and if you have any licenses issued that are relevant to the position, in addition to any reference checks.

I would suspect that you will probably lose the AEMT cert/license. It may end up being suspended, but revocation is also possible. The convictions may, in some states, be sufficient for you to be placed on a DV offender list, should any exist. I suspect that if revocation is the result, you'll likely end up being unable to return to any medical field for several years. You will always have to check "yes" on applications where they ask about convictions. Depending upon the exact charge, the conviction could also result in you becoming a prohibited possessor of firearms for up to 10 years, if not for life.

Your convictions, as you have outlined for us in this thread, could very well have ramifications beyond being an AEMT. I wish you good luck, but I suspect that because of your actions which earned you some convictions, you'll have a tough road ahead of you for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.