MRC.. anyone else a member?

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
After discussing triage in another post, I wondered how many are members of the medical reserve corps? I know in my state, unless you have a MRC identification, they will no longer allow you to enter a disaster site... no matter what other I.D. you might have, unless you have an MRC identification. Each state has a chapter and should not be confused with DMAT responses.

Our MRC is very active and has training at least one a month from everything from triage to vaccinations to to the public.

R/r 911

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Santa Barabra Co EMS is currently working a that program (California):)

GEORGEL5

Forum Probie
I have my orientation tomorrow. Any info on the orientation? Also has anyone been called upon to assist in any disaster (by MRC)?

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
I have my orientation tomorrow. Any info on the orientation? Also has anyone been called upon to assist in any disaster (by MRC)?

I became a member after the tornadoes in Massachusetts a few months ago. I'm still waiting on the official paperwork. When the tornadoes hit, I wanted to do something so I called one of the staff members from my college (he's involved in MRC pretty high up in the area), and he made me a member on the spot. Along with my girlfriend, I helped out at some of the shelters that were set up with the MRC. So I've been involved in disaster recovery, just didn't really get "called upon" :rofl:

It was an amazing experience. Next time there's a disaster in the area, or if my local MRC gets involved somewhere else, I'll definitely be helping out.

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
Holy zombie thread, Batman!

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I still need to fill out the paperwork for the response team thru my company. I'll get a pruty FEMA ID badge with my picture on it.

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
How were you able to help out? Did you just show up?

No I talked to my local MRC leader who I knew through EMT class and he told me where to go :cool: