Movie Marathon Thread

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
It definitely makes me want to read the book for full exposition of the story!
Good book series (think there were 6 in the original series before he died), but at points they read a bit like Victor Hugo's work.

IIRC, the SciFi channel mini-series of Dune was accurate to the book, hence why it was several hours long.

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Been watching the series Black Sails from Showtime. Wasn't expecting it ti be so realistic in it's various aspects.

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Picked up the 8 movie series of A Nightmare on Elm Street. Despite the cheesy 80's bad acting, the original movie was one of the two movies to ever freak me out growing up. Watching it now, I don't know why that was.

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I've been on an 80s kick lately with my movie choices. "The Running Man", "Over the top", and "real genius".
Real Genius is one of my favorite movies.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Watching Seinfeld (not a movie but still), holds up OK - though cell phones solve a good 3/4 of their problems…

VentMonkey

Family Guy
So recently re watched "Rounders".
John Malkovich, Edward Norton, Matt Damon.

Great movie on the re watch.

Next movie is "Boiler room"
Rounders is def an underrated movie, IMO. John Tuturro has a solid part as well.

The movie adaptation of Glengarry Glen Ross is also a solid piece of acting.

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Going to spend the next few weeks watching an all time classic TV series....perhaps the best ever.

Married With Children

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
So I just binged the Raimi Spider-Man trilogy, Amazing Spider-Man 1 and 2, and am now watching the MCU Spider-Man introduction in Civil War before watching Homecoming...

work tomorrow

and then I have my ticket already to the totally completely unrelated and not totally super hyped up Spider-Man No Way Home 😁

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
The new Spider-Man film is awesome, especially if you're a fan of the other ones

VentMonkey

Family Guy
2 cool things I learned the other day from my 11-year old.

1. Her teacher showed their class A Christmas Story on their last day before Christmas break; cool teacher move especially in this day and age.

2. My daughter has a near photographic memory for movie lines of yesteryear. Delighted I was to hear her quote that movie only after having really watched it once.

What can I say? The kid knows classic cinema.

Last edited:

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
2 cool things I learned the other day from my 11-year old.

1. Her teacher showed their class A Christmas Story on their last day before Christmas break; cool teacher move especially in this day and age.

2. My daughter has a near photographic memory for movie lines of yesteryear. Delighted I was to hear her quote that movie only after having really watched it once.

What can I say? The kid knows classic cinema.

Fra-gi-le, it must be Italian.

MEDicJohn

Forum Crew Member
Felt super old today when one of my EMTs didn't know who John Candy was after I put on "uncle buck" for the station movie. The EMT is still employed and alive but might of been hassled mildly.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Felt super old today when one of my EMTs didn't know who John Candy was after I put on "uncle buck" for the station movie. The EMT is still employed and alive but might of been hassled mildly.
Great movie. Fun fact I just learned that movie as well as Home Alone (in part because of his cameo in it) were filmed at the same HS in IL as The Breakfast Club.

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Some people have had deprived childhoods and haven't been exposed to the finer things in life.