Motorcycle EMS riders????

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Yeah... if I made more than half of what a new RN makes, I'd buy more expensive toys. Alas, I'm a medic. Don't rain on me! :lol:

I actually got my K1200R for $7250. The guy selling it had tons of medical bills and said in the ad that he just couldn't jusify having a bike that expensive in his garage with all those bills looming overhead.

Monkey

Forum Lieutenant
Cause they're all in the shop getting fixed!:D

LOL. I have a friend that rips on metric bikers all the time. He was giving a female rider on a Yamaha a bad time the other day,

She replied to him, "do you know that 80% of all Harley Davidsons are still on the road today"? at which point he retorted with something like "damn right"

Then she quietly said as she walked away "yes, and the rest made it home".

I still laugh every time I think about the look on his face.

marineman

Forum Asst. Chief
Just bought this two weeks ago, rain and or snow every day since then but I've still managed to get 300 miles on it. I guess I'm one of those goofy people that look at a motorcycle as a means of transportation and I like the creature comforts (radio and a cruise control). Ride defensively and you're no more likely to be hit than you are driving anything else.

2011_kawasaki_vulcan_vaquero_-_first_ride2_image_575_346.jpg

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Just took my bike on a 50ish mile trip. Had about 4 other bikers do the biker wave to me.

I feel special now.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
First run-in with an idiot cager.

Was on my way back from the motorcycle shop and was in the left lane in the middle stopped at a stop light. A car got behind me and started honking, apparently angry that I was taking up too much of the lane and wouldn't let them move up...

Light turned green, I took off and switched lanes, than looked at the driver who just stared at me as if I had killed her baby or something as she drove by.

CUjays34

Forum Probie
First run-in with an idiot cager.

Was on my way back from the motorcycle shop and was in the left lane in the middle stopped at a stop light. A car got behind me and started honking, apparently angry that I was taking up too much of the lane and wouldn't let them move up...

Light turned green, I took off and switched lanes, than looked at the driver who just stared at me as if I had killed her baby or something as she drove by.

Carry a ball peen hammer to take out the passenger mirror with those idiots!! Also, a marble or a ball bearing for those that like to tailgate on the interstate!

Honda T

Forum Ride Along
I'm new.

This is my first post. I have a 2003 Honda XR 650L dual sport bike. I love it and ride the back country in East San Diego.

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
Friendly tip and a quiz:

was in the left lane in the middle stopped at a stop light.

You don't place a motorcycle in the middle of a lane. Especially at a stopping point.

(That's where all the oil is.)

You're on a two-lane highway, in the "fast" lane. Where do you ride?

Navajib

Forum Probie
Ello,

I'm new to the thread. But not so new to motos!
I have a CRF450 Sumo for track days, a RM125 for harescrambles, a Ninja650 for street, and a CRF50 for the mini lot. :)

Sometimes it's nice to have all year round riding weather here in Houston. (Minus the damn humidity)

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
You don't place a motorcycle in the middle of a lane. Especially at a stopping point.

Heck yeah you do, for the very reason I did: To keep idiots from trying to lane-share with me.

When riding, I stay to to the far side of traffic unless a vehicle is passing, then I move right next to them until they get past, then I move back to the outside. I don't ride in the middle unless there's a reason to.

Just as they teach in motorcycle safety :)

Motojunkie

Forum Lieutenant
Ello,

I'm new to the thread. But not so new to motos!
I have a CRF450 Sumo for track days, a RM125 for harescrambles, a Ninja650 for street, and a CRF50 for the mini lot. :)

Sometimes it's nice to have all year round riding weather here in Houston. (Minus the damn humidity)

Glad I'm not the only 'tard around! :beerchug:

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
So how you liking it, Hotel?

Rides like a dream. I can't wait til Im done with the break in period.

I've only got it up to 50, but did drive it up and down Woodward. That was pretty damn interesting. Almost got into an accident with a Royal Oak cop (he pulled out in front of me). Other than that, fun. I'm clutching a lot, just to break it in. My forearm is feeling it lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Ah, the break-in period. Do they limit you to 4000 rpm like everyone else, too?

After doing some reading on the break-in, I'm convinced that it needs more of a planned hard work than babying it for hundreds of miles.