Motorcycle EMS riders????

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
And now I know what Hotel felt like after his accident...

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Yuppers. Off the road in a turn at nearly 40mph due to debris in the road.

Scraped left elbow, left arm is hurting (though the shoulder armor did it's job considering that took the brunt of the hit), right hand hurts, neck and back are a bit sore now.

bikeaccident1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
What's the damage to the bike?

Were you wearing the alpinestars tc-1 airflow? How'd it hold up?

Have pics of the turn?

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Yuppers. Off the road in a turn at nearly 40mph due to debris in the road.

Scraped left elbow, left arm is hurting (though the shoulder armor did it's job considering that took the brunt of the hit), right hand hurts, neck and back are a bit sore now.

bikeaccident1.jpg

What the hell? You both get new bikes and then wreck them within a few months?!?

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Hey, I got hit by a car, and it didn't wreck it. :p

I have another speed benchmark vid to show you when you get a chance.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Just dropped my bike off for it's 600 mile (err...703 mile) service. Wont have it back till Wednesday :sad:

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
Just dropped my bike off for it's 600 mile (err...703 mile) service. Wont have it back till Wednesday :sad:

That's alright. The secretary of state won't issue me a plate because they say my vin isn't valid. So, I'm without bike until I get it solved.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
What's the damage to the bike?

Were you wearing the alpinestars tc-1 airflow? How'd it hold up?

Yes, I was wearing the Alpinestarts Airflo in the crash. Held up real well. Apparently my shoulder took the brunt of the fall due to all the dirt on it, but I felt nothing, meaning the armor did it's job. My elbow, despite having armor, got scraped up some, but could have been worse. My right ribs are bruised, but as you know there's only padding, and not armor, on the chest. I also did NOT have the liner in, just the main jacket.

I'll just be buying Astars and Scorpion from now on.

I also had the Manta XL tank bag on, with my earphones plugged in. Despite the plugs being ripped from my hears, the tank bag didn't move an inch, showing just how strong the magnets are. I'd recommend it if you're looking for a mid-sized tank bag :)

As for the bike... the left main fairing and back tail fairing got the brunt of it, with the back tail looking the worst. Luckily, the other guy I was riding with has a Ninjette, too, and had some spare turn-signals since his were flush mount, so when we got back to his house we replaced the broken one.

jacketma.jpg

bikeaccident4.jpg

bikeaccident5.jpg

quewiwi

Forum Probie
I also ride! I was getting ready to post an introductory thread but saw this one first and had to reply, lol.

I ride street and have been researching a bit about hitting the track. I want to try and get one track day in this year, but that depends on the funds. I ride an SV650 frankenbike. It's a beater but I love it!

Navajib

Forum Probie
I have a scheduled a 'MotoColorado' trip in June. I'm absolutely excited! :D
We plan on riding the trails in the Durango/SW area of CO

I've convinced a few more to come with a short vid and not even all the video/pics I had:

http://vimeo.com/21571500

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
600 mile service done with 837 on the odometer.

EmtTravis

Forum Captain
well here is a pic of my bike.. 03 Kawasaki Z1000. Smooth ride and very quick. probly my 11th bike lol.. Gets a lil windy around 100mph..

Attachments

• my bike.jpg
    my bike.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 258

dstevens58

Forum Lieutenant
Formerly of Fresno, California for 20+ years and moved back to my home town in Ohio.....have an 82 Honda SilverWing 500GLI.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Caution: Strong language at the end.

This is my fear when riding.

Driver apparently arrested for DUI, assault with a deadly weapon and attempted murder, faces 20+ years in prison. Rot in jail.

http://youtu.be/CbTZkZTYkaM

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
The reality of biking...

You're a target.

If the Rednecks don't get you the Twisted Gods will send someone else after you who looks innocent enough.

Biking is a sport; protect yourself accordingly. Fear will do you no good, only preparation will lessen the odds of your getting creamed. It's a game with high stakes that you must learn to play consciously. Casual kills.

(firetender gets off soapbox)