Motorcycle EMS riders????

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I get to finally get my 250R from my parents house on Sunday :D Missed it :D

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Was riding to Chipotle on my bike for some lunch when I saw an ambulance and an engine blocking a lane. Pull up to the lane a bit more and see this.

Spoke with a couple of the firefighters for a bit. They found it comical that a Paramedic was on a motorcycle right next to another bike wreck. :blush:

Rider is ok

20110503132138258.jpg

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
Was riding to Chipotle on my bike for some lunch when I saw an ambulance and an engine blocking a lane. Pull up to the lane a bit more and see this.

Spoke with a couple of the firefighters for a bit. They found it comical that a Paramedic was on a motorcycle right next to another bike wreck. :blush:

Rider is ok

20110503132138258.jpg

I wonder if those frame sliders helped save the engine at all...

Glad the rider is alright.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I was hungry so I hopped on my bike and rode to the Taco Bell and did the drive thru. Hilarity ensued.

Gave my order and drove up... wish I had a camera for the girls face. First thing she said was "Oh! You're my first motorcycle ever!" She asked how I held food and I pointed to my tank bag.

Got my food, and by that time 4 of the T-Bell employees, and a few of the customers, were staring at me as I drove off.

Derek... do a drive-thru. I want to buy a helmet cam just to catch their reactions.

dixie_flatline

Forum Captain
I was hungry so I hopped on my bike and rode to the Taco Bell and did the drive thru. Hilarity ensued.

Gave my order and drove up... wish I had a camera for the girls face. First thing she said was "Oh! You're my first motorcycle ever!" She asked how I held food and I pointed to my tank bag.

Got my food, and by that time 4 of the T-Bell employees, and a few of the customers, were staring at me as I drove off.

Derek... do a drive-thru. I want to buy a helmet cam just to catch their reactions.

I'm assuming you didn't get a soda? (Or a bottle if so)

I'm actually a little surprised the weight of your bike even set off the bell for the drive-thru.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Naw, I don't get drinks, waste of money considering I have enough at home.

Hotel, how's the bike treating ya?

One of the other medics at the station bought me a gremlin bell for me to put on my bike.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
Naw, I don't get drinks, waste of money considering I have enough at home.

Hotel, how's the bike treating ya?

One of the other medics at the station bought me a gremlin bell for me to put on my bike.

It's great. I'm almost at 600 miles. Have to take it into the dealer for it's initial service once it hits 600. Running like a dream.

Hows the ninjette?

Death_By_Sexy

Forum Crew Member
Read through the whole thread, has me itching for getting a bike next year (graduation present to myself) Even being in medic school and being broke, my cycle savings account never gets touched. As soon as I'm full fledged and get an OK job, ohhhh baby, it's Triumph time.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Hotel wrecked. Let that be a lesson to all of you. Motorcycles are dangerous.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
Hotel wrecked. Let that be a lesson to all of you. Motorcycles are dangerous.

Motorcycles aren't dangerous... People are dangerous.

My bike is fine, just have to replace a mirror.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Sasha...75% of motorcycle accidents are caused by car drivers illegally entering the bikes right of way.

hotel, post the full story man!

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
I was in the left lane, in the left lane position, on a divided boulevard. Coming down the road, to a stoplight, a car pulls next to me, and begins to merge quickly into my lane, while slowing fairly hard for the stoplight. I start emergency braking (did pretty well, didn't lock up either wheel), and just as I'm almost clear of the car, my front tire hits a pot hole, twisting the bars hard, sending the bike on it's side, and pinning me under. The best part? People didn't stop to help. The cars behind me moved into the other lane, and were just staring. I'd say it was a good 5 minutes before a person out for a jog ran over to help me out.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Doesnt matter whos fault its still dangerous

Motojunkie

Forum Lieutenant
^ Thank you Sasha for pointing out what we all already know. Life is full of risks, everybody has to decide how much risk is acceptable to them. And I've been in two major accidents and numerous small ones (mostly off road) so I know how dangerous they are.

Sasha

Forum Chief
You're welcome.

*MX-EMT

Forum Crew Member
yep

work at a track tuesday and thursday mornings then wheni get off work ride all evening there!

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Met another Ninjette rider that actually lives like 2 minutes away. We're meeting up in 30 minutes and going to hit what are supposed to be some pretty good twisties nearby. Well.. twisty for Texas.

80 mile, 2.5 hour ride.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
Met another Ninjette rider that actually lives like 2 minutes away. We're meeting up in 30 minutes and going to hit what are supposed to be some pretty good twisties nearby. Well.. twisty for Texas.

80 mile, 2.5 hour ride.

Nice! Watch out for the idiots on the road. Let us know what happeneds.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trip

Forum Probie
Sasha...75% of motorcycle accidents are caused by car drivers illegally entering the bikes right of way.

hotel, post the full story man!

I've been in a few accidents, survived them all. Let's see... on the highway, a car pulls to a stop sign, I don't have one, she pulls out right in front of me. Cut off by a dump truck. Cut off by a highway department pick-up truck. Cut off by a cop. Rear ended by a college girl texting... Most of the motorcycle accidents I deal with write up just like these. There is the occasional "I'm invincible on a Ninja! Let's do tricks on a freeway during ruch hour!" kids...

-Trip