Motorcycle EMS riders????

Focallength

Forum Crew Member
I ride a drz 400s and primarily opff road, I even do search and rescue work with my bike. We have one of only a very few off road (motorcycle) search and rescue teams in the nation.

wolfwyndd

Forum Captain
A video I put together a few weeks ago. I'm on the silver CBR.
With a bike like that and roads like that, if I didn't kill myself I'd, at the least, do myself serious bodily injury. I'll stick to my bicycle. At least for now. maybe in a few years when I feel comfortable again on TWO wheels I'll reconsider a motorcycle.

Voodoo1

Forum Crew Member
I miss my bike. I had a 2001 GSXR 600, blue and white. She was great! I sold her to a friend of mine, I was pregnant with my son and needed the cash more than the bike. I used to ride out at race city speedway. Riding in the city lost it's appeal for me, too many dumb a$$ed cagers here. If anybody needs proof of that, look up long way round. It's that diary/doc that Ewan McGreggor made. They rode all around the world and never encountered any problems with drivers. That is until they came to Calgary, when they were hit-twice.

abuan

Forum Crew Member
picked up a new bike recently, had to get one to replace my cbr600rr, she was about to code on me.

Image186-1.jpg

Image183.jpg

Image185.jpg

Phlipper

Forum Lieutenant
Started in the dirt at 8 years old, then hit the street on Harleys at 19. Now 47 and been riding HDs ever since, and did a few years amateur MX riding Vet D and C classes (Open). Miss the dirt stuff ... still love the roads even after 28 years in the saddle.

Damn I'm old. :sad:

EmtTravis

Forum Captain
picked up a new bike recently, had to get one to replace my cbr600rr, she was about to code on me.

Image186-1.jpg

Image183.jpg

Image185.jpg

Lucky you.. My wife wont let me get a ducati one because to expensive and two she wouldn't let me get one like yours because she can't ride with me lol.. beautiful bike though

Trip

Forum Probie
Red Knights

I belong to a motorcycle club for Firefighters & EMTs called the Red Knights. I belong to chapter 36 in southwestern NY. We have all kinds of rides and get-togethers. A few of our members do not belong to a fire department but are EMS providers with other companies. Just a thought, check it out. Here's a link, check and see if there's a chapter in your area:

Red Knights MC International

Trip

Last edited by a moderator:

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
Time to resurrect this thread...

I've just decided on getting a motorcycle, and I know at least one other member is as well.

So, for those that haven't posted in here (and even the ones that have), here are a couple of questions to get this thing rolling again...

What do you ride?
When/why did you start riding?
First bike?

Joe

Forum Captain
dang where has this thread been? its really cool to see all the riders out there. i just picked up a 95 kawi ZX-6r. its my first bike and i picked it up on craigslist for 2k. so happy i spent the money on it instead of one of the ninja 250's. i will post pics up when i get a minute.

get on it hotel! its the most fun you can have with your clothes on!

Joe

Forum Captain
190003_1642497785814_1337914224_3048858_371871_n.jpg

Monkey

Forum Lieutenant
2010 Harley Davidson Electra Glide Limited.
2006 Thunder Mountain Chopper
201- Custom Self build - MonkeyCycle. :)

EmtTravis

Forum Captain
Well I just bought a new bike about a month ago. Well new to me. I have a 03 kawasaki Z1000. I've been riding since I was 8 like philiper I also raced dirt and then went to street at 16. I've never owned a cruiser and probably never will lol.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
Got back from the dealer a little while ago, and have decided on a Hyosung GT250R. After sitting on that thing.. DAMN, it felt nice. Way better than a Ninja 250.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
The Ninja just seems tiny to me, being 6'2". It also is carburated, and not fuel injected, which sucks because of the start up time. It has a long history, is well reviewed, and has plenty of aftermarket parts for it, but again, it's still a small-framed bike.

I like the looks of the Hyosung GT250R, but I simply cannot get over the fact of it being an unproven bike compared to those from Japanese builders. Yes, the initial problems from the 2007 bike seem to have been fixed, but I'm still skeptical. There is only 1 authorized Hyosung dealer here in Fort Worth, and the next closest one is down near Waco. It DOES have a 2 year warranty period, however...

I'm loving the idea of the CBR250R, it's fuel injected, has a good dash, is built by Honda, and it has anti-lock brakes. However, it's still new-ish to the US and the dealership I've emailed said they wont get a shipment in until May, and they want me to put a deposit down on it.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
The Ninja just seems tiny to me, being 6'2". It also is carburated, and not fuel injected, which sucks because of the start up time. It has a long history, is well reviewed, and has plenty of aftermarket parts for it, but again, it's still a small-framed bike.

I like the looks of the Hyosung GT250R, but I simply cannot get over the fact of it being an unproven bike compared to those from Japanese builders. Yes, the initial problems from the 2007 bike seem to have been fixed, but I'm still skeptical. There is only 1 authorized Hyosung dealer here in Fort Worth, and the next closest one is down near Waco. It DOES have a 2 year warranty period, however...

I'm loving the idea of the CBR250R, it's fuel injected, has a good dash, is built by Honda, and it has anti-lock brakes. However, it's still new-ish to the US and the dealership I've emailed said they wont get a shipment in until May, and they want me to put a deposit down on it.

They're new in the US. They've been around Australia, NZ, Asia, Europe for a while, and seem to have a loyal fan base. Plus, you can get one now.

Check out http://www.korider.com/

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Anyhow looking at the insurance for the Hyo is outrageous. I can get full coverage for the Honda and Kawi for a year for less than my car insurance cost for a month.

The Hyo? $1,000+ a year.