Motorcycle EMS riders????

abuan

Forum Crew Member
some beatutiful bikes posted up!

here's my baby. i've been an EMT with the city and county of honolulu for just under 2 years and i still always get the question..."after all the messed up scenes you've been on, you're still riding that thing?"

hahahaha, yessir i am!

Image056-1.jpg

Image056.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Yum a Repsol CBR :p I can't wait to get a new bike. But it's looking more and more like next summer before that happens

NickD

Forum Crew Member
>>"after all the messed up scenes you've been on, you're still riding that thing?"<<

I suppose that happens to all of us. I see more that few rider induced accidents but also a lot of cages turning left into oncoming bikes. And the cage driver inevitably always says, "I didn't see him!" If the opportunity presents itself I'll always mention to the cop on scene, "I didn't see him isn't a good excuse. It just means they weren't paying enough attention."

:)

mcdonl

Forum Captain
I am always the old man....

with the old man motorcycle...

I have since added arm rests for the rider, rear speakers and a stereo for long rides.

I can also carry a complete set of bunker gear :)

Goldwing.jpg

Motojunkie

Forum Lieutenant
Aint that the truth! I had a lady rear end me one day on the bike and as she's pushing me forward I turned around to see wtf was going on and she's looking off somewhere in la la land. Her excuse was, "I'm so sorry! I didn't see you there!" I don't always put it 100% on the cager though. I see riders all the time riding in a position that makes them invisible to traffic.

abuan

Forum Crew Member
Yum a Repsol CBR :p I can't wait to get a new bike. But it's looking more and more like next summer before that happens
don't trip...those are aftermarket plastics. the dude i bought it off of was all.."these are custom painted..."

i was like, "don't BS a BSer, homie. i've been on eBay. now knock off another 500 for lying to me." hahahaah

robbaN28

Forum Probie
My buddy just got this bike:
2008 R1
27950_1418236337976_1294653783_1165.jpg

I'm going to go get a bike this week. I'm thinking either an Ducati 848, R6 or an R1

wolfwyndd

Forum Captain
You know, since we are on the topic of motorcycles and there are quite a few of us that ride (well, you, I don't ride, yet), does anyone actually have lights and sirens on their bikes? I DON'T want to beat the dead horse of whether it's a good idea or not, just a simple yes or no will suffice.

Last edited by a moderator:

mcdonl

Forum Captain
You know, since we are on the topic of motorcycles and there are quite a few of us that ride (well, you, I don't ride, yet), does anyone actually have lights and sirens on their bikes? I DON'T want to beat the dead horse of whether it's a good idea or not, just a simple yes or no will suffice.

No surprise that they make a setup for my bike:

p832187997-4.jpg

I have the same model as the one on the left, sans emergency lights.

PhilipM3

Forum Crew Member
I am actually shopping for a 250cc scooter right now, so I can keep miles off my M3 (it eats gas faster than I can afford to feed it), but my ultimate dream bike is a BMW F800GS.

Attachments

• BMW F800GS.jpg
    BMW F800GS.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 264

LanCo EMT

Forum Ride Along
Glad to see a thread like this here! I am an avid rider. I get on it as much as I can when I have free time.

I ride an 08 CBR 600RR.

resq330

Forum Lieutenant
Just got my "First" bike last Thursday!

attachment.php

Attachments

• Brand New_20100429.jpg
    Brand New_20100429.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 409

TgerFoxMark

Forum Lieutenant
my old beater bike

hey, i am poor. but is a 1982 Yamaha Maxim 750... 13,000 on the clock..
only spent 300$ on it and another $300 in parts to make it run... its a ziptie mobile.
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0077.jpg
    IMG_0077.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 417

NickD

Forum Crew Member
Nina - First Ride !!!

I've got about fifty clandestine miles on her now (no plates yet) and nothing's fallen off, LOL !!!

You know in our biz we gotta stay away from the moving violations. I have an appointment at the DMV in about week to get her registered but damn, I'm like a newlywed, I just can't stay off her . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yx1VDsakfs

Nina_Today.jpg

:)