Most common calls/jobs in your City/Area

medicman90

Forum Crew Member
Oh and we run at ton of "cardiac arrest" calls. You know when a person gets arrested, and immediately has a sudden onset of crushing substernal chest pain radiating through their left arm and jaw, with nausea and SOB.

We get alot of those.

Those are always fun.

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief

EMS/LEO505

Forum Lieutenant
haha, i got one for you. The family size herbal shampoo bottle.. completely inside. he claims he fell in the shower and he landed on it...

I can top that haha, dude had a vienna sausage stuck all the way down to the base of his penis, he said that he ate some for lunch and musta gone down the wrong tube haha

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
I can top that haha, dude had a vienna sausage stuck all the way down to the base of his penis, he said that he ate some for lunch and musta gone down the wrong tube haha

ouch! yes you win!!!

KY_EMT

Forum Crew Member

OW! Oh, there have been some doozies here. One lady "forgot" she was done with her period and had left 12 tampons rotting inside her. Or the one who had a Mason jar stuck inside her. Sh** happens!!!! :wacko::unsure::sad::ph34r:

medicman90

Forum Crew Member
OW! Oh, there have been some doozies here. One lady "forgot" she was done with her period and had left 12 tampons rotting inside her. Or the one who had a Mason jar stuck inside her. Sh** happens!!!! :wacko::unsure::sad::ph34r:

My god. I do not envy that one. What a smell that must have been...

EMS/LEO505

Forum Lieutenant
One lady "forgot" she was done with her period and had left 12 tampons rotting inside her.

That literally made me throw up reading that lol

Voodoo1

Forum Crew Member
. One lady "forgot" she was done with her period and had left 12 tampons rotting inside her.

How on earth would she have managed to keep inserting them without feeling ALOT of discomfort? Then to 'forget' them? At least you would have burned off a ton of karma on that call.

slb862

Forum Lieutenant
This is way too funny

You folks make me laugh. Which I think everyone needs to laugh. One of the people I work with in the ED got a "brown cow" shower the other day. I had to leave the room cuz I couldn't stop laughing. For those of you that don't know what a "brown cow" is...it is a mixure of molasses and cream/milk (warmed) and given as a laxative (up the you know what). She got the "after" it was inserted, the person couldn't make it to the commode. LMAO, OMG was that funny. B):p

Leonidas1

Forum Crew Member
Chest pain, respiratory distress, Altered mental status, (with and without falls) etc. etc.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
I can't speak to anything statistically, but I feel like we get a TON of seizures. Anyone else? It seems like we get seizures as often as we get SOB, abd pain, etc. If not more often.

KY_EMT

Forum Crew Member
I can't speak to anything statistically, but I feel like we get a TON of seizures. Anyone else? It seems like we get seizures as often as we get SOB, abd pain, etc. If not more often.

Yeah, same here. And often, they're not actually seizures. They're often either someone having the DTs or just pretending to have seizures so they can go to the hospital :rolleyes:

OP
OP
the_negro_puppy

the_negro_puppy

Forum Asst. Chief

Seizures, febrile convulsions, pseudo-seizures, fake seizures (lol) and post-ictal states are common.

ohnoyoudidnt

Forum Crew Member
Yeah, same here. And often, they're not actually seizures. They're often either someone having the DTs or just pretending to have seizures so they can go to the hospital :rolleyes:

Just remember, the hospital is right next to walmart and its welfare wednesday. Get you free cabulance ride to the hospital, sign out AMA or just walk out like most, head over to walmart and take a real taxi home saving the cost of one trip.

1. Chest Pains
2. Diff Breathing (Those that know Buffalo Fire Dispatch, Diff Breading)
3. Diabetics
4. Shootings/Stabbings/Assaults
5. Seizures/Synco
6. Tooth Pain
7. My heads be hurtens me, take me to MCMC (Spelled wrong regional Trauma Center)
8. Abdominal Pain aka Medication refill taxi ride.
9. I don't knows whats be wrong but i noes feel good, give me drugs.
10. Last and very very least, somekind of legitimate call for someone with an actual problem other than being shot, stabbed or hit by a metro bus or train.

Last edited by a moderator:

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
Alcohol related incidents.

It is, after all, a college campus ;)

spike91

Forum Lieutenant
our campus gets a lot of general illness, orthos, and ETOH. Not many ETOH in relation to everything else, though.