Mom can we keep it?!?

valbq2

Forum Ride Along
Chicken who crosses roads

Not that this has much to do with EMS, but I was on my way home from shift one morning and saw a woman walking a chicken on a leash down the median of the highway. Only in that town!! I laughed all the way home.

Megs_h13

Forum Probie
Although just for laughs, another funny/stupid story, I'm sitting outside at my house (I live in a rural area) and I go in and make a sandwitch then come back out and I see in the distance, which is mostly woods and forest, something weird in the air; so I get my binoculars to get a better look and there is someone on a lawn chair about 200 feet in the air suspended by what looks like big hellium filled weather balloons, and again I'm like wtf?!?!

LMAO!!!! I call that job security..... Wow and people in Canada call Saskatchewan hillbillies... Ugh....

emtashleyb

Forum Crew Member
WOW. This another reason why people should have to obtain a liscense to reproduce. However I could see my husband running down a highway trying to pet a raccoon....... yes he IS that stupid.

The woman walking a chicken on a leash I would have LOVED to see a picture of that. lol

flhtci01

Forum Captain
I used to have a friend that lived next door to me in Arizona from upstate New York. I don't know how much truth there is to it, but he said that people from the city (New York) would go upstate to go hunting, and shoot cows...

Probably not true, but it also wouldn't surprise me =)

Happens in Wiconsin, Iowa and Illinois too!:eek:

EMTSteve

Forum Crew Member
The ones that are sleeping on the side of the road way make the best pets!! They don't eat much, they don't poop on your things and they sleep a lot!

You should have whipped out your phone and made a video of the kid, mom and her plates to show the pd.

Last edited by a moderator:

wxduff

Forum Crew Member
I used to have a friend that lived next door to me in Arizona from upstate New York. I don't know how much truth there is to it, but he said that people from the city (New York) would go upstate to go hunting, and shoot cows...

Probably not true, but it also wouldn't surprise me =)

I'm from upstate new york. Hunters from the city do shoot crows, but they also mistake humans for things to shoot, or the empty 30 rack they just drank, etc.

aussieemt1980

Forum Lieutenant
Having never seen a racoon in my life, I probably would chase it around myself.

But I would never let my kids do that.

I once had tourists pull out in front of the truck, park ACROSS the road (and no, it was not on the other side of the road!), get out and proceed to walk into the vineyard nearby. Foreign tourists (anything that I would have said that day before my reaction would have been very racist, so I will not repeat it), so I jumped on the lights, flipped the siren. 3 very dumb people looking at me very dumb, so I got on the PA and asked them very politely to move their vehicle before it was involved in an accident (once again, very censored!).

For references of what happens to people before we get there, check out the Darwin Awards.