MercyAir ride along?

wtferick

Forum Captain
Hey guys, im really really reallyyy interested into gettinga ride along with an air crew but, i dont know how to exactly get one lol
i live in orange county.
i would love to here some tips!!

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Be aware that with CHP you may not get any calls or at least any calls that have to do with EMS. They may only be BLS some days and other days they will be ALS.

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
You need to befriend someone that works for Mercy. I think they're based out of Fullerton. You might be able to go talk to them.

I used to know a couple guys that worked there. They'd hook up the EMTs with RA's. Since I've vomited in every aircraft I've ever flown in, I never did it.

OP
OP
wtferick

wtferick

Forum Captain
You need to befriend someone that works for Mercy. I think they're based out of Fullerton. You might be able to go talk to them.

I used to know a couple guys that worked there. They'd hook up the EMTs with RA's. Since I've vomited in every aircraft I've ever flown in, I never did it.
Haha maaaan, i really want to fly atleast once lol gonna give them an email incase they are busy when i call

OP
OP
wtferick

wtferick

Forum Captain
Be aware that with CHP you may not get any calls or at least any calls that have to do with EMS. They may only be BLS some days and other days they will be ALS.
I honestly didnt even know that they delt with BLS/ALS wow

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I honestly didnt even know that they delt with BLS/ALS wow
If I'm not mistaken all CHP officers are at least EMRs. There are a decent number who are EMTs, and some are paramedics.

With their helicopter it can be BLS on some days (most days for my area). In which case either the medic on the ambulance or on the fire engine will fly with the patient to continue ALS care.

OP
OP
wtferick

wtferick

Forum Captain
If I'm not mistaken all CHP officers are at least EMRs. There are a decent number who are EMTs, and some are paramedics.

With their helicopter it can be BLS on some days (most days for my area). In which case either the medic on the ambulance or on the fire engine will fly with the patient to continue ALS care.
That is pretty imteresting, had no clue!

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Kinda sketchy putting a regular medic who may or may not understand flight physiology/gas laws in an environment where the lack of understanding can greatly affect the patient.

With that said as a ground medic I'd jump at the chance to fly in with my patient.

Your best bet for doing a ride along is calling their HQ or base and asking if they do it and if they do what you have to do to do one. I don't think we have anyone on here who works for Mercy.

We have a guy here who just got hired for HEMS that used to fly with Mercy (I think, might've been a different service but I'm pretty sure that's who he was with) that I can ask for you but I have no idea when I'll see him next.

OP
OP
wtferick

wtferick

Forum Captain
Kinda sketchy putting a regular medic who may or may not understand flight physiology/gas laws in an environment where the lack of understanding can greatly affect the patient.

With that said as a ground medic I'd jump at the chance to fly in with my patient.

Your best bet for doing a ride along is calling their HQ or base and asking if they do it and if they do what you have to do to do one. I don't think we have anyone on here who works for Mercy.

We have a guy here who just got hired for HEMS that used to fly with Mercy (I think, might've been a different service but I'm pretty sure that's who he was with) that I can ask for you but I have no idea when I'll see him next.
Well you ever see him and if you may ask that would be great! Thanks in ahead of time

Amelia

You're stuck w/ me now (insert evil laughter here)
Hey guys, im really really reallyyy interested into gettinga ride along with an air crew but, i dont know how to exactly get one lol
i live in orange county.
i would love to here some tips!!

That would be SOOO AWESOME to go on an air run!!!!

LACoGurneyjockey

Forum Asst. Chief
Out here at least, CHP almost never flies, and if they do it's law enforcement on scene specifically requesting them. Since they only have a crew of 2 (pilot and medic), even with a paramedic on board they don't meet our county's definition of "air ambulance" (1 pilot, 1 medic, 1 RN). Mercy does allow ride alongs out here, but with any flight service it can be hit and miss. Their parent company, Air methods, has a ride along form on the website and an email contact for Mercy air. That's where I'd start.

OP
OP
wtferick

wtferick

Forum Captain
Out here at least, CHP almost never flies, and if they do it's law enforcement on scene specifically requesting them. Since they only have a crew of 2 (pilot and medic), even with a paramedic on board they don't meet our county's definition of "air ambulance" (1 pilot, 1 medic, 1 RN). Mercy does allow ride alongs out here, but with any flight service it can be hit and miss. Their parent company, Air methods, has a ride along form on the website and an email contact for Mercy air. That's where I'd start.
Oh thanks man i was looking on air methods for a ride along form but cant seem to find it