Medlife Ambulance is a great company to work for!

Towards the bottom right of the page.

toyskater86

Forum Lieutenant
yeah im there but i see nothing that is update on ELite ambulance...just the old packed they turned in on PDF

toyskater86

Forum Lieutenant
Dude i feel like an idiot...all i see on that page that is updated is medlife and alpha, nothing on elite.

I wonder why it's taking so long. Also, I heard Medlife bought a bunch of new equipment, anticipating approval I guess.

BASEBALLDUDE

Forum Ride Along
I am so very surprised at the comments being made by many in our industry. Is it possible that so many industry people are so nieve to think that one hearing could possibly stop any compnay in their tracks?

If you have been in the industry long enough you would know that in fact only four providers have ever been shut down. Two Greybor and Alpha by federal officers from the FBI and OIG. The other two by freezeing of Medicare monies by the our carrier.

In the past no ambulance has ever been shut down by city,county or even state in our local area. It could be that I have been in this industry long enough to see the many changes, but its my opion that businees will continue as it has over the past few years.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I am so very surprised at the comments being made by many in our industry. Is it possible that so many industry people are so nieve to think that one hearing could possibly stop any compnay in their tracks?

If you have been in the industry long enough you would know that in fact only four providers have ever been shut down. Two Greybor and Alpha by federal officers from the FBI and OIG. The other two by freezeing of Medicare monies by the our carrier.

In the past no ambulance has ever been shut down by city,county or even state in our local area. It could be that I have been in this industry long enough to see the many changes, but its my opion that businees will continue as it has over the past few years.

None have been closed down in your area. That does not mean it can't happen.

No 50 car MCI has happened in my area. Does it mean that it will never happen? Nope. It can happen.

MRSA

Forum Crew Member
I'll bet I know who you're talking about and good for him!

If he is who I think he is good for him for sticking it out. They tried to **** a lot of us around on UI.

I wish they'd hurry up and shut down already. I've already moved on.

And now Elite appealed to keep from temp closing, that's pretty impressive.

From what I read they were only missing a few documents, timestamps and letter heads. What the heck is the problem now??

I had a friend who worked for Medlife. Apparently after they shutdown they restarted operations a week or two after getting their appeal. Apparently they never called my friend to go back to work for them. So what did he do? Applied for unemployment that is.

Sadly, much to his chagrin, he was denied unemployment. Why? Well the great human beings at Medlife had told the unemployment people that they had called said employee numerous times to return to work. So when my friend appealed the decision and went to a hearing, he provided evidence of his phone call records and email records. Not one call or email from Medlife Ambulance. He was awarded unemployment. Needless to say, they looked and felt really stupid at the time. It's that kind of unpreparedness and sloppiness that has made companies like Medlife rife with horrible business decisions and deplorable acts of indecency.

He was in my paramedic class and he was way better than that IFT nonsense. Glad to hear he's with AMR now where he can showcase his talents and knowledge rather than transporting RT dialysis patients to pay for Rolls Roysces.

So I've heard some musings that Medlife is also under investigation by the DHS for their involvement in various incidents at Verdugo Dailysis center. Things are looking grim for this crappy company.

Another update: I've heard that several Medlife employees and the owners' backup company, Ambulife, have had their paychecks bounce this week. Tell me again why you would STILL stay employed with tgis conpany while they continue to take advantage of you? Seriously, this is ridiculous.

Metro EMS News

Forum Crew Member
One of the requirements for LA County EMSA licensing, is furnishing evidence that the company has sufficient funds to support its operation. Based on alleged 'check bouncing', I find it hard to believe this qualifies.
Certainly one would have to ask why any employee would remain with a company if their checks are bouncing. One mishap, perhaps... but certainly this isn't the first time.

Leirsyn

Forum Probie
I see that they still run their station down in Orange County. Anyone ever worked for their station in Garden Grove? How was the hiring process and what are the penalties if you drop out before the probationary period?

I see that they still run their station down in Orange County. Anyone ever worked for their station in Garden Grove? How was the hiring process and what are the penalties if you drop out before the probationary period?

For the love of all that is holy please stay away from this forsaken company!

Metro EMS News

Forum Crew Member
Leirsyn,
Have you looked at the LA County EMS website?
Go to http://ems.dhs.lacounty.gov/AmbulanceLicensing/AmbLic.htm and look under Pending Ambulance Operator Applications.
Doesn't the statement
"The Ambulance Operator Business Licenses for the following companies were denied; however, the Business/Ambulance License Appeals Officer has granted a stay of this decision which allows these companies to continue operating in the cities for which they are properly licensed pending the outcome of their appeal:
Med-Life Ambulance Services, Inc." bear any weight to job consideration?
It does for me.
I've seen too many EMT's complain after working a short time for a company they failed to research beforehand.

Leirsyn

Forum Probie
Yes, I understand their situation, but I just wanted to work closer to my hometown before I head off to college again when the summer ends.

On another note, seriously, why is the appeals process taking so long for this company?