Medic Students!!!

phideux

Forum Captain
Semester final today and overall program final at the end of this week to wrap up completing the national paramedic program. The unfortunate part is we have over a 5 week gap before our practical testing is in our area....it's going to drag.

I'd go nuts having to wait 5 weeks to test. Our practicals are This Thurs, I scheduled my CBT for next Mon.

Navajib

Forum Probie
My paramedic program is wrapping up the second semester, and we are eligible with the state to test for our EMT-I's. NR recently tested our skills so we are waiting for course completion to take the exam! And we have obtained our PHTLS cert so far.

Summer semester is just cardiology.
I'm absolutely excited for that!

Any medic student here from Houston?

Last edited by a moderator:

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
My paramedic program is wrapping up the second semester, and we are eligible with the state to test for our EMT-I's. NR recently tested our skills so we are waiting for course completion to take the exam! And we have obtained our PHTLS cert so far.

About half way through the summer that feeling of excitement will turn to something like this: :blink:

Have fun :)

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C

Tommerag

What day is it?
Well my first quarter of medic school is pretty much done. On the last week of PHTLS, get a week off then start Cardiology the end of the month. Time just flys by eh?

medicstudent101

Forum Lieutenant
I know right. That was after filming a classmate start an IV in his own leg...not sure why.

Ouch.
I suppose medic school does something to the mind. We've already been contaminated so I guess it's just a matter of time. I feel I should start and IO on myself to top that. :glare:

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Ouch.
I suppose medic school does something to the mind. We've already been contaminated so I guess it's just a matter of time. I feel I should start and IO on myself to top that. :glare:

Haha, well considering one of my classmates has already requested to do that, you'll have to try a bit harder :p

Well, PALS is today, so much fun!

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I found out that we get to go to the Medical School at the University and play in the cadaver lab at some point :) should be a learning experience for sure.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Just finished PALS, the last of my alphabet soup courses...now only three more weeks until my internship :blink:

Navajib

Forum Probie
I found out that we get to go to the Medical School at the University and play in the cadaver lab at some point :) should be a learning experience for sure.

That is awesome!

As second year medic students, we get to clock some hours next to the anesthesiologist in the OR for intubations.

BornleaderEMT

Forum Probie

What school do you go to? I'm attending HCC for the EMT-I. I took my final today. So I will be signing up for the Medic course soon.

Navajib

Forum Probie
What school do you go to? I'm attending HCC for the EMT-I. I took my final today. So I will be signing up for the Medic course soon.

Lonestar North Harris's associates program. Officially a P2 student now!

I'm sitting at the testing site now waiting to start my NREMT-I exam. :D

BornleaderEMT

Forum Probie

Cool I have to finish up my clinicals then I'll be able to test. Let me know what to expect on the EMT-I exam. How long is the paramedic course at lone star?

Icenine

Forum Crew Member

Any relation to the newbie?

Congrats on finishing the first half.