Medic Students!!!

Anjel

Forum Angel

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Didactic final on the 17th. Then on to clinicals and Internship. About damn time.

Any tricks on logging FISDAP stuff during clinicals. On the floors we can use the computers for it if it's slow. In the ER it's too busy.

For my FISDAP info I always just kept a notebook with me and would write down notes for every patients contact, like IV starts, meds, etc.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

Anjel

Forum Angel
250? That seems short. We do 480-720 then 300ish of clinicals.

250 is the minimum required by Michigan. We can do as many as we want though. We schedule our own clinicals.

Nervegas

Forum Lieutenant
From what I can figure it's skills and pt contact tracking and documentation for students?

Someone jump in here and correct me if I'm wrong.

We had a notebook with the forms to fill out by paper, including mock patient chart's and skills logging. At the end of each shift it was signed by the preceptor, both in hospital and out. I just kept a pocket sized notepad with me and wrote down every skill, and all the pertinent pt information for the chart and just did the actual paperwork at the end of the shift.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
How many of you are legitimately loving medic school, despite being stressed, sleep deprived, and having your sanity hanging by a thread?

Last edited by a moderator:

Chief Complaint

Forum Captain
Didactic final on the 17th. Then on to clinicals and Internship. About damn time.

Any tricks on logging FISDAP stuff during clinicals. On the floors we can use the computers for it if it's slow. In the ER it's too busy.

Is there a way to send attachments via PM? I can send you the forms that we used if you like.

Trauma_Junkie

No rest for the wicked...
How many of you are legitimately loving medic school, despite being stressed, sleep deprived, and having your sanity hanging by a thread?

I'm loving it and all the stress, sleep deprivation, and insanity that go along with it. My fellow classmates help the process of course. ^_^

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

I love it but I'm ready to be finished with the classroom. A few classmates are starting to get on my nerves.

Last edited by a moderator:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
250 is the minimum required by Michigan. We can do as many as we want though. We schedule our own clinicals.

Is your internship only 250? That's the way I read it, but I'm also sleep deprived so I might have messed that one up.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Is your internship only 250? That's the way I read it, but I'm also sleep deprived so I might have messed that one up.

My clinicals are in the hospital for 250ish hours.

My ambulance clinicals are my internship and its minimun of 250.

So 500ish minimum hours all together.

Anjel

Forum Angel
But we can do more if we want. Benefits of doing them in the hospital that owns our school.

If we are scheduled in the ER for 12hrs and want to stay for another 12. We can.

Angel

Paramedic
i want to go to medic school!! the only one i could get into would be ncti which i know has its reputation but still...goodluck guys

tssemt2010

Forum Lieutenant
welp its official... im not longer a paramedic student. i graduated school for good yesterday!

Anjel

Forum Angel

Trauma_Junkie

Course final tomorrow.

Tommerag

What day is it?
I suppose I haven't posted an update here for a while. I graduated medic school feb 25. Whizzed through the practical and now take my written the 9th.

Trauma_Junkie

Well course time is complete! Now I have 138hrs of clinicals to complete, hopefully take skills exam before those are done (we are planning to go in a group), and then we get to schedule NR written. Mixed emotions. :ph34r: