MCHD or Acadian (CO to TX)

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Probably could go work at Acadian or some other private until you get on with a more solid service, but I wouldn't expect to see much if any of that bonus.

As for body cameras, off putting or not, seems like small pickings. More and more ambulances with recorded patient care areas now too, something you likely would not find out until you worked there. Drive cameras are the same way and doubtless getting more prevalent.

A bad accident is apparently why we now have cameras. They're in every single vehicle now. WC vans, event vans. Sup cars.

Also, soon the hospital will be able to track our vehicles and know where we are at all times. Sups included.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Probably could go work at Acadian or some other private until you get on with a more solid service, but I wouldn't expect to see much if any of that bonus.

As for body cameras, off putting or not, seems like small pickings. More and more ambulances with recorded patient care areas now too, something you likely would not find out until you worked there. Drive cameras are the same way and doubtless getting more prevalent.
From what I hear, the cameras are used less for clinical QI and more for Orwellian surveillance.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
A bad accident is apparently why we now have cameras. They're in every single vehicle now. WC vans, event vans. Sup cars.

Also, soon the hospital will be able to track our vehicles and know where we are at all times. Sups included.
I am surprised that there is an AMR operation out there that doesn't have GPS tracking on their units. Automatic Vehicle Locating is pretty helpful for dispatching the closet unit and should probably be considered the standard.
From what I hear, the cameras are used less for clinical QI and more for Orwellian surveillance.
We do not use ours for QI, but rather to have something to fall back on in the event accusations are made by patients/family/other folks. Certainly have helped more folks than they've hurt for us.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
I am surprised that there is an AMR operation out there that doesn't have GPS tracking on their units. Automatic Vehicle Locating is pretty helpful for dispatching the closet unit and should probably be considered the standard.

Dispatch knows. But the hospital system we're contracted with wants to know too.

TXmed

Forum Captain
Does anyone have any working knowledge of cy-fairs new structure? Are their medics also FF?

Will980

Forum Probie
The structure stayed the same at CFFD, the only thing that changed was that we now directly work for the ESD, they take very good care of there employees. Pay is great, retirement is great, and the equipment is top notch. While we are one department, EMS does not do fire and you do not need to be fire certified to work on the EMS side. We only hire paramedics and most trucks are double paramedic, we have a few people who have been here a long time and are AEMT or EMT.

TXmed

Forum Captain
The structure stayed the same at CFFD, the only thing that changed was that we now directly work for the ESD, they take very good care of there employees. Pay is great, retirement is great, and the equipment is top notch. While we are one department, EMS does not do fire and you do not need to be fire certified to work on the EMS side. We only hire paramedics and most trucks are double paramedic, we have a few people who have been here a long time and are AEMT or EMT.

Do the paid fire guys ever work shifts on the medic ? Or is it completely separate ? I know they've only recently shifted to paid fire