McCormick ambulance

Isaias Martinez Jr

Forum Probie
Hey guys!
I just passed my mapping and written EMT test for McCormick and was asked to come back in about 2 weeks for orrientation.
Does anyone have any tips on what to expect?
And does that mean I'm in the process of being hired already?
Any feedback will be appreciated. Thanks!

DME107

Forum Probie
Hey guys!
I just passed my mapping and written EMT test for McCormick and was asked to come back in about 2 weeks for orrientation.
Does anyone have any tips on what to expect?
And does that mean I'm in the process of being hired already?
Any feedback will be appreciated. Thanks!

you still have to go through lifting, patient assessment and meet/interview with lucas.

you are in the process but not hired.

Gustavo

Forum Crew Member
How is the written exam with McCormick?

Gustavo

Forum Crew Member
When I see your date to test??
Really really easy stuff man. I believe I only got about 2 wrong.
I received an email from them today,haven't gotten an official date to test, they told me to email them as soon as I receive my emt state card in order to move forward with the process.
What about your interview with Lucas? How was that? Anything to worry about? I need to study on that Thomas guide map because I seen people get quizzed on that too.

OP
OP
I

Isaias Martinez Jr

Forum Probie
Ohh I see. I went in with all my certs and paperwork which took a couple weeks to a month to get.
Yeah, it's a written and a map test and then they call you back for orrientation and an interview.
Mine is next week.

Nothing really too bad to worry about. Basic emt questions. If you did well in class and national you have nothing to worry about.

Gustavo

Forum Crew Member
Ohh I see. I went in with all my certs and paperwork which took a couple weeks to a month to get.
Yeah, it's a written and a map test and then they call you back for orrientation and an interview.
Mine is next week.

Nothing really too bad to worry about. Basic emt questions. If you did well in class and national you have nothing to worry about.
Sounds pretty easy,did you buy a Thomas map book to help you out? If you did which book is best to help me out?

Gustavo

Forum Crew Member
Did you get hired by McCormick already? They asked me to go in next Tuesday for testing and all that,pretty nervous on the written test,what do you think I should study on the most from the written test?

Gustavo

Forum Crew Member
Nothing at all,I'm going in next Tuesday. What should I study the most on the written exam,any tips? I want to be ready for whatever questions I get asked. That's great,how is it so far?

OP
OP
I

Isaias Martinez Jr

Forum Probie
It's good so far man, I study a lot so I just go based on my basics. Thanks

Practice with the map test and basic emt questions like national.

Gustavo

Forum Crew Member
Sounds good man,how was the written test man? Easy for you? Some people say it's super easy,I know it depends on the person though of what they know. And for the map test how do they test you on that? Do they just give you random addresses?

Gustavo

Forum Crew Member
Alright sounds good man,I bought the Thomas guide and started using it,it's pretty easy for now. But don't know what address they might throw at me. Do you get tested alone or with everyone in the same room?
I'm going to the one in Torrance dude.

wtferick

Forum Captain
Alright sounds good man,I bought the Thomas guide and started using it,it's pretty easy for now. But don't know what address they might throw at me. Do you get tested alone or with everyone in the same room?
I'm going to the one in Torrance dude.
Idk what exactly they test you on in regards to mapping, but I would maybe study on routing to like a hospital/trauma center.