Major Issue With New Partner

vc85

Forum Crew Member
His age shouldn't matter at all, you're right; and if I was his supervisor he would have been out the door for half of the stuff he did.

His age does though speak to his future chances. If he is 18 or 19, there maybe is some hope that in a few years he would mature more and be a totally different person. If he is 28 or 29 though, I would say there is practically no chance.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I wouldn't get back into an ambulance with him. I generally out my partner's safety above mine but if my partner is an *** I come before them and I'm not having the person that's supposed to have my back be the thing that scares me the most when it comes to my well being.

If it truly was as bad as you said I'd be to the point where it's either him or me. Any service that is run anywhere close to correctly will side with you every time on an incident like this.

My ex girlfriend actually lost her job due to two medics saying they felt like she was a dangerous driver and refusing to work in the back if she was the operator. Came as a surprise to me, she always drive really well with me and I'm a picky :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cera

Forum Ride Along
If new EMTs got fired for "any little thing" that happened, every new EMT would be fired during their probationary period.

On the other hand, sounds like the OP's partner has had quite a few second chances to shape up. Hopefully you don't have to work with him again and your boss decides to listen to you and let him go.

Gonna agree here. Only thing you can really do is hope you don't have to work with him again and make sure that you report every little thing done wrong. Sounds like he's not quite cut out to be an EMT to me though, actually managed to flip the patient on the side.... Dern.