Maintaining relationship w/ Paramedic School

daedalus

Forum Deputy Chief
I am not in a relationship right now, but it would not be that difficult for me to maintain one. I am in Paramedic school and still having fun and doing well. I went to San Diego on a vacation the other weekend in fact.

There is lots of time for yourself if you try.

kittaypie

Forum Crew Member
i'm in medic school right now. it's really hard but the people who are in relationships/married in the class seem to be doing well in them. just remember to be supportive of him and try to help him out with little things like laundry, cleaning, etc. also keep in mind he's gonna be studying a LOT. just be patient and he'll be done with the class in no time B)

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
Oh come on already! If these two can't get their acts together for Paramedic school and solve some scheduling difficulties without some anonymous forum what hope do they have? Part of a successful relationship is working out these problems and if they can't, professional help would be the preferred instead of "Dear Abby EMS" if they really want to make it work.

Simmer down. It wouldn't hurt to know what schedules they have so that we could offer suggestions for time management. I know a thing or two as I worked FT and then some while going through medic school with a wife and a newborn baby at home..

VentMedic

Forum Chief
Simmer down. It wouldn't hurt to know what schedules they have so that we could offer suggestions for time management. I know a thing or two as I worked FT and then some while going through medic school with a wife and a newborn baby at home..

No two people or situation is the same. Part of being in a relationship is finding out about each other and working things out together. Advice can be offered but I think adjusting their schedule for them is a little much.

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
No two people or situation is the same. Part of being in a relationship is finding out about each other and working things out together. Advice can be offered but I think adjusting their schedule for them is a little much.

I suppose you're right.

medic417

The Truth Provider
Just trust him when he says he was only practicing patient assessment skills when you catch him getting up close and physical with that hot female in his class. :rolleyes:

Actually you need to sit down talk with him. Figure out priorities and go from there.

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard

fiddlesticks

Forum Crew Member
well when i went to school i know that a few ppl broke up or hooked up with others that weren't their bf or gf or whatever so yes it does happen (sorry)but we get vary close with our classmates( working on skills) and you work long hrs with medics on ojt so it kinda make it easy to happen., my hubby is also a medic so i know how hard this job is on a relationship. but if you want it to work then it will you might just have to work harder at it.