Looking to "move" on

Mitchell Snyder

Forum Ride Along
Hey all so I have been working for AMR Riverside County for the last 7 years and my family and I are looking for a change. We are looking to move out of state to preferably an EMS agency that is more progressive and better paying with a lower cost of living. Just looking for some advice from you guys who possibly have done this in the past. Let me know where you think is the best place..

Stay safe

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Texas has quite a few options.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Im a REMS guy myself. If you're looking for just an EMS system and not going the fire route, then STXmedic is right. I don't have any first hand experience with Texas, but I hear its pretty good.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Another saying go for Texas. All kinds of good services, no state income tax, and plenty to do

Old Tracker

Forum Asst. Chief
You're welcome in Texas as long as you don't attempt to bring California style laws, taxes and attitudes with you. Otherwise we're full.

Amen. Just curious, do you speak or understand any Spanish? Probably not mandatory, but it will help here in Texas.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Amen. Just curious, do you speak or understand any Spanish? Probably not mandatory, but it will help here in Texas.

He is from California...duh!! LOL just teasing....

CALEMT

In Riverside County everyone knows just a little bit of Spanish haha.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Colorado is a somewhat more expensive place to live but has a multitude of solid services of all delivery models. Oh and we have mountains. And seasons. And nature.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Colorado is a somewhat more expensive place to live but has a multitude of solid services of all delivery models. Oh and we have mountains. And seasons. And nature.
We have brush... And TexMex :D Oh, and summer. And summer.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
We have plenty of nature. Just expect to sweat while experiencing it to its fullest.

Even in Novemeber.

CALEMT

We have brush... And TexMex :D Oh, and summer. And summer.

Sounds like where I'm at... except I get real Mexican food ;) and 2 month winters. The only difference is you guys have humidity in the summer. I'll take a 125 degree dry heat over 95 degrees with 70% plus humidity.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I've had your "Mexican food." I'll pass... Lol

CALEMT

I've had your "Mexican food." I'll pass... Lol

Santana's doesn't count. You have to go to the mom and pop hole in the wall places.

nightmoves123

Forum Crew Member
You're welcome in Texas as long as you don't attempt to bring California style laws, taxes and attitudes with you. Otherwise we're full.

Sure if you move to Texas you can enjoy half the strangers you meet trying to get you to go to their church- my wife even had some woman (a neighbour it turned out), spend 5 minutes straight trying to get her to attend church, and about 5 people from her college did the same thing to her.

Or if you like laws that dictate when you're allowed to drink alcohol, or counties that don't legally allow spirits to be sold at all (I am not an alcoholic btw).

If you're gay in Texas there are plenty of people who verbally and publicly take issue with it (I'm not gay either). And if you like the idea of women being allowed abortions? Good luck.

Just saying...Texas has many good qualities about it...it doesn't mean it is all fantastic attitudes and laws. If you love flat, hot desert too you're in luck! Or tornadoes, flash floods and extreme hail storms then come on outtttt lol.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Sure if you move to Texas you can enjoy half the strangers you meet trying to get you to go to their church- my wife even had some woman (a neighbour it turned out), spend 5 minutes straight trying to get her to attend church, and about 5 people from her college did the same thing to her.

Or if you like laws that dictate when you're allowed to drink alcohol, or counties that don't legally allow spirits to be sold at all (I am not an alcoholic btw).

If you're gay in Texas there are plenty of people who verbally and publicly take issue with it (I'm not gay either). And if you like the idea of women being allowed abortions? Good luck.

Just saying...Texas has many good qualities about it...it doesn't mean it is all fantastic attitudes and laws. If you love flat, hot desert too you're in luck! Or tornadoes, flash floods and extreme hail storms then come on outtttt lol.
Umm... What? What part of Texas are you from?...