looking for reference book

kyleybug

Forum Crew Member
Hey all I am looking for a pocket reference book. I think that is what you call them. It is the book that has all of the basics in it and drug info. I posted under another topic...oops wrong one! I hope someone can help me find one, it doesn't matter to me at this point if it is ALS or BLS. I will take either that I can find. Thanks to all! :)

Lisa

Forum Crew Member
Hey Kyley... I would check with Galls..you can go to their website and request a catalog. Also try Chiefsupply.com They do not have as much as Galls but it seems to be cheaper..Let me know if you find one.. I wouldn't mind having one too!!

OP
OP
K

kyleybug

Forum Crew Member
Lisa,I found one! The site is Saveslives.com It has all kinds of things. It is listed under Training and it is the field Guides and Pedi wheels choice.It was only 23.20 with shipping and all. They have ALS and BLS. :)

CL Note: Edited to include link to page. Scott

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Originally posted by kyleybug@Sep 30 2004, 08:37 PM
Hey all I am looking for a pocket reference book. I think that is what you call them. It is the book that has all of the basics in it and drug info. I posted under another topic...oops wrong one! I hope someone can help me find one, it doesn't matter to me at this point if it is ALS or BLS. I will take either that I can find. Thanks to all! :)
Hey,

I just made a big post about it here:
http://www.emtlife.com/index.php?showtopic=219&hl=

I hope that helps!

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

Luno

OG
Premium Member
I use "The Complete Pill Guide" it's a paperback, 1152 pages, maybe two inches think, and you can get it at Barnes and Noble for about Seven Bucks. I prefer it to other medication guides because it has brand names, side effects, precautions, dangerous interactions with drugs/foods, recommended dosages/max dosages (great for SIs that state taking a certain amount of pills), and signs/symptoms of OD. You can also look them up by category, trade name, and they have pictures for unidentifiable meds. It's worked great for me, if you have a palm pilot and are looking for a more compact version, epocrates has a free basic med guide.
Luke

OP
OP
K

kyleybug

Forum Crew Member
Thanks Luno. I have one of those just never thought about taking it in with me. I think that would be very helpful in the field. I will start taking it in with me. I did get the field guide in and it is a good one. I has about everything you might need in it. I really like the EKG section. It shows all of the rhythms and their meanings. That is great for me because that was one thing they left out in school but I am able to do at my service. Thaks again for the idea of the drug book. :)