Looking for EMTs to hire in oil field industry. Need Advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTEngel

M.Sc., OMS-I
Premium Member
I would contact AK if I were you.

From what you have been saying here, you haven't got much clue which way to go, and in an industry like this, you will find yourself in violation of multiple laws and regulations, not to mention you are likely putting potential patients at risk.

Contact AK or someone who has been in this business and danced this dance before. If you do, you will have a happy client, and be able to take advantage of more contracts like this. If you don't, you will join the majority of companies who violate the rules, breach contracts, and end up out of business.

Just my two cents...

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
If you do not reach out, just know this...your wages are HIGH, especially for an EMT Basic. You need some information on what the market is right now and what you quotes is pretty darn high!

I am here, otherwise good luck.

Don't tell him that!!! I was hoping to get paid well for once!!!

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
Im in for $400 a day if you pick up the transportation...

You may want to look at cost of living in the area of the work before saying that.

OP
OP
weblogic

weblogic

Forum Probie
Im in for $400 a day if you pick up the transportation...

Transportation will be picked up, in some capacity.

I talked with our CFO and he said he has budgeted transportation, but there are a couple of restrictions. Can't have EMTs flying first class all over the country every other weekend. :sad:

OP
OP
weblogic

weblogic

Forum Probie
Don't tell him that!!! I was hoping to get paid well for once!!!

Don't worry, I am familiar with some EMT rates here in Texas. We just realize what it would take to get good people and keep them. We have no desire to have a revolving door.

Working in N. Dakota isn't exactly like living in Vegas. So, the money has to be good and the personnel pretty much has to be brought in. Word on the street is that there are no good people left in the Dakotas. It's a limited pool and the good ones are already gone!

You have to pay to play. Isn't that the saying?

OP
OP
weblogic

weblogic

Forum Probie
Most companies up here also supply ppe, coveralls , vest, helmet, etc or anything specific to site.

Will your guys be in a clinic setting or out of a truck?

Sites up here also use RNs or OH-RNs for bigger plants.

Our company will supply everything needed for the job.

The setting and living quarters is still up for debate. If we supply the living quarters, it will be a VERY nice an cozy trailer with 2 bedrooms , living room, full kitchen, 3 baths and an Office station on the opposite end.

If the customer provides the living quarters, which is very likely, then we have no control over the living/office quarters, so it's really unknown what they will place on location for us to utilize. But, it will not be some rinky dinky situation.

It will be full amenities either way. The location will be on a drilling location at the front entrance.

OP
OP
weblogic

weblogic

Forum Probie
Any Candidates?????

We obviously have many lessons to learn about the ins and outs of this type of service. And we will look to professionals to help guide us in that direction. But we have been in the Oil & Gas industry for a long time and know how to run an honest & trustworthy business that all employees can be proud to be associated with. You don't last long in the oil field by doing people wrong.

If you are interested in getting your name on the list, then please PM me and we can get your resume and certs over to us. We will be going through them pretty soon and picking the top 8 candidates.

If we can fill up that list with guys from here, that would be wonderful.

teedubbyaw

Forum Deputy Chief
Sounds like a great opportunity. And I'm not too far from Ft. Worth. Bad timing for me, as I'm a full time medic student right now. Wish I could, otherwise!

emt11

Forum Lieutenant
Have you thought about hiring EMT's of a higher level but not at the Paramedic level. Such as Intermediates or Advanced EMT's? If so, depending on the money it doesnt sound like a bad gig and I'd be interested.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
Have you double checked with the clients about the level of medical provider needed? Paramedic was the standard several years ago, especially if you are dealing with a Canadian company. And not just by asking what the client wants, but actually having them find out from their insurance and/or whomever they are contracted to.

Down party

Forum Ride Along
I was a medic on a drilling platform for several months. Pay was 270 a day with a $30 allowance for food so $300 a day. We did 2 week hitches and were paid for the actual travel day as a "travel day" to the oil company. Those guys have so much money so don't be afraid to make good money and pay your guys well.

I had my own quarters and kitchen the entire time. Internet was so-so and so was the cable. When you're sitting on your *** the vast majority of the time or leading a safety meeting it gets boring. Like really boring.

Tpeoples

Forum Ride Along
Long time viewer but this is the first time I've replied to a thread. Made an account just for this, haha...

I'd be interested in working for you.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
PM inbound.

I'm interested. Many years experience including austere environment military contracts. Used to traveling, accustomed to being away from home for long periods, and very adaptable.

ITguy27

Forum Probie
This is something I recently heard about (Oil Rig medics). I recently passed my NREMT-B practical test in Mass, taking my written in a few weeks. My goal is to go to paramedic school in a year or so.

I understand needing experience and everything that goes along with it, so after a few years as a paramedic how does someone go about getting a job on an oil rig and what other certs would help someone get that kind of job?

Last edited by a moderator:

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Do not get too excited yet. Based on what and how the OP wrote the request, it is apparent at this time there is NO ACTUAL JOB.

They are replying to the customer and trying to get their intel sorted before doing so. This is normal practice when responding to bids, especially when the bidder has no clue about a certain service they are trying to provide.

Not bashing the OP, just laying out the perceived "facts" at this time.

The OP does not even know what the current market value is, however if they are wise, they know now they can factor much lower wages and throw in airfare as a "perk" in order to retain quality help.

They are also trying to determine the scope as either the customer did not or left it vague and/or the OP is trying to find a lower level worker (EMT) which can fit the scope in order to save money. But again, not necessary if they knew the market.

Anyways, as I have always stated when I see posts such as these...tread lightly and perform your due diligence to ensure you are dealing with a legitimate company who already has a contract in hand and make sure it is not a veiled attempt at CV collecting which happens a LOT...because in order to respond to some bids, you must have and submit the CVs of your intended hires for vetting. Companies like to collect as many as possible and then submit those with their bid package.

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
Do not get too excited yet. Based on what and how the OP wrote the request, it is apparent at this time there is NO ACTUAL JOB.

They are replying to the customer and trying to get their intel sorted before doing so. This is normal practice when responding to bids, especially when the bidder has no clue about a certain service they are trying to provide.

Not bashing the OP, just laying out the perceived "facts" at this time.

The OP does not even know what the current market value is, however if they are wise, they know now they can factor much lower wages and throw in airfare as a "perk" in order to retain quality help.

They are also trying to determine the scope as either the customer did not or left it vague and/or the OP is trying to find a lower level worker (EMT) which can fit the scope in order to save money. But again, not necessary if they knew the market.

Anyways, as I have always stated when I see posts such as these...tread lightly and perform your due diligence to ensure you are dealing with a legitimate company who already has a contract in hand and make sure it is not a veiled attempt at CV collecting which happens a LOT...because in order to respond to some bids, you must have and submit the CVs of your intended hires for vetting. Companies like to collect as many as possible and then submit those with their bid package.

Curious what is CV Collecting?

Status
Not open for further replies.