Location, Location, Location.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Really?
I hope you want make only a joke for me.
I think more people have found it. ;)

I was referring to the fact that many (most?) Americans know frighteningly little about countries outside of the United States.

Anjel

Forum Angel
The great big Mitten.

North of the D.

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
Could it be you didn't notice the info in that space just below everyone's Avatar?

In fact, it's listed under Location.

But what surprised me was all the people who responded and repeated what's in plain view.

...or maybe I'm confused.

Last edited by a moderator:

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Possibly using tapatalk?

Or maybe just looking for specifics for her next target to stalk? Hmm... :(

MedicBender

Forum Captain
Currently moving from Maryland to Iowa. Staying in MIchigan in the mean time.

SSwain

Forum Captain
Home of the 12-0 NFL Team
AND
Rosebowl Bound team

Literally...halfway between those two cities.

Rettsani

Forum Captain
I was referring to the fact that many (most?) Americans know frighteningly little about countries outside of the United States.

Why is this so?
We have here an average of 10 - 12 years going to school and completed after 3 years of professional training. After each class, the basic knowledge so you can be tested moves to a higher level.
Geography and knowledge of world political systems are basic knowledge here. Just as economics.You learn right from the 4th class.
The only thing that bothers me is that our emergency service career certificates are not recognized International or Europe. Were it otherwise I would have been back for a job. So I'm waiting for better times and work as a volunteer EMT.

Could it be you didn't notice the info in that space just below everyone's Avatar?

In fact, it's listed under Location.

But what surprised me was all the people who responded and repeated what's in plain view.

...or maybe I'm confused.

Because you're right.
But I still think it's a nice idea.
One can also write here where you are or where you go.
;)
I think I'll go straight to the Christmas market in Cologne's inner city.
And I'm a non-alcoholic mulled wine drink for you with.:p

CritterNurse

Forum Captain
I live less than an hour from where I was born. I just keep moving farther and farther from cities. I tend to tell people I live on the edge of nowhere.

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief

I know lots about Countries outside the US, but they are alllllllllllllllllllllllll Tropical, have beaches, good exchange rates, and a beach....... Because those are the only ones I care to visit!

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Why is this so?
We have here an average of 10 - 12 years going to school and completed after 3 years of professional training. After each class, the basic knowledge so you can be tested moves to a higher level.
Geography and knowledge of world political systems are basic knowledge here. Just as economics.You learn right from the 4th class.
The only thing that bothers me is that our emergency service career certificates are not recognized International or Europe. Were it otherwise I would have been back for a job. So I'm waiting for better times and work as a volunteer EMT

There has just been a steady decline in the quality of education as our schools have become more focused on scores on standardized tests than on actually turning out functional and productive graduates.

By the way, I'm going to brush up on my German and see if I can challenge the Rettungssanitaeter examinations. I've always wanted that credential.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
I know lots about Countries outside the US, but they are alllllllllllllllllllllllll Tropical, have beaches, good exchange rates, and a beach....... Because those are the only ones I care to visit!

I rest my case....for the several examples of the failings of America demonstrated in that post.

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
I rest my case....for the several examples of the failings of America demonstrated in that post.

Ha, why because I didn't use correct grammar and do not know where certain Cities/Counties in Europe are? I have been to Europe, didn't like it as much as the Tropical areas. That is why I know more about them, A LOT more. Because I actually spend time and money there. I have lived in 3 different Countries, 2 being in Europe, and have been to 9 different Countries. And have attended three Countries school systems, you were in the Military most Americans will never be as well traveled or have as much knowledge about the outside world as someone in the Military.

I'll call my friends in Sweden for ya and ask them to point directly to Lee County Florida, San Bernardino California, Prince George County Virginia, Blythe California, Fort Collins Colorado on a Map and see how well they farewithout taking more than 5mins per area. They'd give the same thought I did when reading that fellas earlier post "Where the heck is that???"

But hey, I love you anyway cause your a Military man and a Texan!

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
But hey, I love you anyway cause your a Military man and a Texan!

I'm not a Texan. The only significant time I've ever spent down there was for basic and tech school.

OP
OP
L

LyndseyJ

Forum Probie
Wow, some people are quite rude. I am new to this site, and I didn't realize that the location was on the side until after, my apologies. Also, I am not a stalker, so that is out of the question as well. I'm just saying, if you didn't like the thread, then why post anything at all? It's just at topic. Happy holidays to you too.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
Countries doesn't need to be capitalized every time you use the word, neither does tropics.

To the OP, no one here has been rude to you thus far. Several people posted joking comments and a forum moderator pointed out that this thread duplicates easily available information. Since this is the internet it is natural people are suspicious when others ask personal information. Location + other information can allow people to figure out someone's employer which isn't something a lot of us want known.

If you want "rude" I will direct you to the tech forum I frequent. It is likely that if you had posted this same thread there you would have received infraction points for not reading the rules or looking around. We really are warm and fuzzy here compared to other forums.