Light bar

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Finally, being a "whacker" isn't a social disease. It isn't in the DSM-IV. It isn't something that needs to be cured.

LOL Obsessive-compulsive disorder is in there. ;)

But that is not the case here in Maryland, one of the states where you said emergency lights "...are courtesy lights and don't give you the right to violate any traffic laws".

I know, remember...I used to live and work there. It's one of the many things that makes me roll my eyes at Maryland.

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
LOL Obsessive-compulsive disorder is in there. ;)

I know, remember...I used to live and work there. It's one of the many things that makes me roll my eyes at Maryland.

Some whackers may be OC. Some doctors are also OC. Some garbage truck drivers are also OC. Being a whacker doesn't necessarily involve obsessive-compulsiveness, at least not to what I understand a whacker to be.

And I'm sure Maryland isn't the only state that authorizes emergency vehicles to violate certain traffic laws to at least some extent. In fact, I'd be surprised if Maryland was in the minority in this regard. Emergency lights and sirens aren't there to win prizes at parades. They're there to request the right of way, which in and of itself is a violation of traffic laws; at least, I know that if I started flashing my lights and honking my horn (in my non-emergency POV) to get slow drivers out of my way, I'd be in a lot of trouble.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Being a whacker doesn't necessarily involve obsessive-compulsiveness, at least not to what I understand a whacker to be.

Well, most of the ones I have run into have some form of diagnosable psychopathology....

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
This thread has denigrated into another "lights are bad, mmmkay?" thread.

The OP was given alternate places to find what he's looking for. I suggest this thread be locked.

Sent from my iPhone.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief

Agreed.

The OP was given alternate places to find what he's looking for. I suggest this thread be locked.

Sent from my iPhone.

Mmmmmmm......how about we try to shape it up first. I don't like to just go and...BAM! lock threads without giving people a chance to come about to a proper heading. I will however lock it down if the nastiness continues.

Thanks!

OP
OP
vamike

vamike

Forum Crew Member
Whacker/Wanker.... sorry too many beers when i did that first post. :rolleyes:

JPINFV

Gadfly
It's that wacker (whacker?) :-S is the common colloquialism used to describe the image you were attempting to avoid. Wanker has.....how shall we say....other....connotations?

Actually, wacker and wanker have exactly the same connotations, but wacker is the predominant colloquialism in the US. I believe wanker is more common in Europe, especially the UK.

ArcticKat

Forum Captain

I agree, if I want to find out what the predominant thinking is regarding POV lighting I'll just conduct a search using the keywords Whacker, Light, and POV.

:)

Well, most of the ones I have run into have some form of diagnosable psychopathology....

Name one of us on here who isn't.

Last edited by a moderator:

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief

clibb

Forum Captain
QRT's with lights and sirens on personal vehicle is a scary thought. I've seen them blow through intersections when their lights are red without stopping.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
QRT's with lights and sirens on personal vehicle is a scary thought. I've seen them blow through intersections when their lights are red without stopping.

Eh... anecdotal at best. I've seen ambulances roll through red lights with no lights or siren. Doesn't mean every ambulance on the road does it.

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
I agree, if I want to find out what the predominant thinking is regarding POV lighting I'll just conduct a search using the keywords Whacker, Light, and POV.

You can do "whacker" and "light" but "pov" will be excluded because it's only three letters. :p