Lifepak 35

FiremanMike

Just a dude
Reaction score
Finally got to play with the final product today, I must say I’m impressed!

Pricey, but will probably be our upgrade from our old 15s..

Garbage.

I actually saw it and immediately called Zoll. We just bought all new X series advanced to replace our fleet of 15s.

Last edited:
Really? I thought that other than lack of cpr feedback, it took everything good from the Zoll and the 15 and made a better unit..

Really? I thought that other than lack of cpr feedback, it took everything good from the Zoll and the 15 and made a better unit..
Wait, a brand new monitor in 2024 and it doesn’t have CPR feedback? That is a huge oversight. That prevents the monitor from being used in my entire county

Wait, a brand new monitor in 2024 and it doesn’t have CPR feedback? That is a huge oversight. That prevents the monitor from being used in my entire county
CPR feedback is an absolute necessity in this day and age.

CPR feedback is an absolute necessity in this day and age.
Exactly. A couple of years ago our county put in a requirement that any cardiac monitor must have COR feedback. At the time my ground agency was still using the LP15 and we had to use a completely separate device to monitor the CPR quality however that device 100% of the time just stayed in the locker at the station because it was painful for both the crew to us and for the patient. We swapped to the Zoll X series not long after because of that reason. LP really made a stupid decision not to include that into their latest and greatest monitor.

Zoll appears to be miles ahead of LP with their monitors. CPR feedback, see through CPR, tidal volume monitoring, patient temperature monitoring, 3 invasive line monitoring, and maybe eventually the FDA will clear the adapter for the Zoll to time the delivery of a defibrillation during the compression cycle of the auto pulse.

I personally never found zolls see through CPR to be as useful as advertised
I don't care about the see through CPR. But quality of compressions is important. Yes they sell separate devices. But integrated CPR feedback is better.

Is there any data to show that cpr feedback is improving outcomes? Genuine question, I don’t know..

Is there any data to show that cpr feedback is improving outcomes? Genuine question, I don’t know..

No data has shown improved outcomes. But quality of CPR is better. At least that's what I've found in 5 minutes of searching and reading.

No data has shown improved outcomes. But quality of CPR is better. At least that's what I've found in 5 minutes of searching and reading.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not against CPR feedback, but I’ve been in this game awhile and seen many things come and go that had evidence they were better but ultimately no outcome studies proving their efficacy, especially in cardiac arrest care.

We used to shock asystole every time “just in case it was fine v-fib)
We used to slam 10mg of 1:1,000 epi at a time
Resqpod, heads up cpr
Vaspresson
Lido, amio, lido, amio.. on that note - when I first started we had 4 different anti dysrhymics that we cycled through.

I’m all for continuing to try to innovate, but I think we’re going to end up right back where we always end up - the ONLY truly effective intervention that improves rate of discharge with normal neuro function is EARLY bystander CPR..

Resqpod, heads up cpr
Ahh yes, the good old "ResQPOD Impedance Threshold Device"... supposedly it monitoring the intrathoracic chest pressure, leading to better outcomes... I think it was actually the blinking light on the device that that helped firefighters not hyperventilate the patient that did the most help.

with all of the changing science, much of the things that we used to do in heathcare "based on the science" has been revised because it doesn't do what original studies thought they did (MAST pants, stacked shocks, 2 large bore IVs on every trauma patient wide open, etc)

When I started, paramedics were using Lifepak 10s... then the Lifepak 12s came out, and they are a huge improvement. the Lifepak 15s were another complete over haul of the design. Curious why they jumped to the #35.

Here one major read flag for me: "The warranty is one year for EMS and five years for hospital use. The expected life is eight years." The LP15s cost 10k each, and I'm assuming the price of the 35 is even higher; Seriously, if the product is solid, why only warranty it from issues for 12 months? Most warranties already don't cover physical damage or abuse, but routine parts should last more than 12 months without failing.

Ahh yes, the good old "ResQPOD Impedance Threshold Device"... supposedly it monitoring the intrathoracic chest pressure, leading to better outcomes... I think it was actually the blinking light on the device that that helped firefighters not hyperventilate the patient that did the most help.

with all of the changing science, much of the things that we used to do in heathcare "based on the science" has been revised because it doesn't do what original studies thought they did (MAST pants, stacked shocks, 2 large bore IVs on every trauma patient wide open, etc)

When I started, paramedics were using Lifepak 10s... then the Lifepak 12s came out, and they are a huge improvement. the Lifepak 15s were another complete over haul of the design. Curious why they jumped to the #35.

Here one major read flag for me: "The warranty is one year for EMS and five years for hospital use. The expected life is eight years." The LP15s cost 10k each, and I'm assuming the price of the 35 is even higher; Seriously, if the product is solid, why only warranty it from issues for 12 months? Most warranties already don't cover physical damage or abuse, but routine parts should last more than 12 months without failing.
The resqpod actually marketed that, through physics, they lowered intrathoracic pressure leading to increased preload and subsequent increased cardiac output. Makes perfect sense, but there remains no outcome data supporting that these devices increased cardiac survival..

Before someone mentions the Zoll sponsored, non peer reviewed study out of Rialto, please just don’t.

I think the overall ZOLL package of clinical tools, with see through CPR, feedback for ventilation and compressions, coupled with the very robust data analytics package and the unit’s light weight and excellent battery life puts the X series miles ahead of the LP15 and the new 35.

My crews weren’t sold until they started using it. They quickly changed their tune.

It’s just a better box.

I think the overall ZOLL package of clinical tools, with see through CPR, feedback for ventilation and compressions, coupled with the very robust data analytics package and the unit’s light weight and excellent battery life puts the X series miles ahead of the LP15 and the new 35.

My crews weren’t sold until they started using it. They quickly changed their tune.

It’s just a better box.
With the x, my crews were completely sold until they started using them, then they wanted to burn me at the stake “no knob = bad” lol

The LP15s cost 10k each, and I'm assuming the price of the 35 is even higher; Seriously, if the product is solid, why only warranty it from issues for 12 months? Most warranties already don't cover physical damage or abuse, but routine parts should last more than 12 months without failing.

A new gen 4 LP15 today is around 40k and the LP35 is significantly higher. I was told “fully loaded for ALS use, it’s 70k”

No thanks.

Back