lead placement

Flightorbust

Forum Lieutenant
There was a saying that a nurse told me to help with the lead placement but for the life of me I cant remember. The only part I remember was smoke over fire (black lead above the red)

medic417

The Truth Provider
white on right smoke over fire

salt pepper ketchup

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
What helps me more than anything else with lead placement is the way the left arm lead says "LA", the right arm lead says "RA", the left leg lead says "LL", and the right leg lead says "RL" right on the end of the lead, on the other side of the bit at the end that snaps onto the electrode.

WoodyPN

Forum Crew Member
What helps me more than anything else with lead placement is the way the left arm lead says "LA", the right arm lead says "RA", the left leg lead says "LL", and the right leg lead says "RL" right on the end of the lead, on the other side of the bit at the end that snaps onto the electrode.

Too easy.

FreezerStL

Forum Crew Member
For those with four leads you can use smoke(black/LA) over fire(red/LL), clouds(white/RA) over grass (green/RL) ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:

ArcticKat

Forum Captain

Although not all leads actually have the decency to be properly labelled.

JPINFV

Gadfly
For those with four leads you can use smoke(black/LA) over fire(red/LL), clouds(white/RA) over grass (green/RL) ^_^

...and for a 5 lead, chocolate is close to the heart.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I just recently started using "smoke over fire, clouds over grass". I went 4 years using "smoke over fire, white is right, and then green goes on the only limb left"

slb862

Forum Lieutenant
I learned it as: (w)omens (b)ath-(r)oom. Start on the right shoulder, go to the left shoulder, then to the lower left. I unfortunately can't remember the other one. The Medic class I was in our Cardiac section was the toughest and the longest. And we had scenarios daily. So,the more you practiced the easier it will become. But, I always seem to say to myself, Womens Bath-Room, every time I hook up the monitor. :)
Now, after doing this for almost 20 years as a medic, (basic since 1983) it comes as second nature. I probably could do it in my sleep.

ArcticKat

Forum Captain
After over 30 years of putting these damned things on the cute little rhymes are all but forgotten. If someone decides to change the colours....I'm screwed.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
Mine was simple.

"smoke over fire. White on the right, and green goes last."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8jimi8

CFRN
OR you could just look at the picture on the cable housing.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
OR you could just look at the picture on the cable housing.

We don't have any pictures there. The only pictures we have are on the d-fib pads. We either use color or the letters on the leads (assuming the letters haven't been worn away).